Jansport Backpack - Review

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Miaka_M • May 12, 2015.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    The company Jansport is well known for their backpacks. The big seller in Toronto is their backpack that features the large pocket and one smaller pocket in front for small items. This is the same one that I've been using for over 7 years and now it has gotten a tiny tear.

I must say that the quality of these bags are wonderful, I would add a water bottle holder on the side of this already popular design though, just for functionality. One great reason to go for this brand is that they are reliable. Rain or shine, whatever I have packed, everything is always in great condition. No water can ever get in.

The prices are also very affordable and even though they have many other competitors like Herschel for example, I still think that they are the go-to brand. They also have a variety of colours and patterns to chose from!

What are your thoughts on this brand?

2. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I think Jansport bags are great, and the lifetime warranty they come with is a life saver.
    I got my first Jansport bag when I was a kid, I completely destroyed it over the course of 5 years, but I easily got a replacement with their warranty. I lost the second one about two years in, which was pretty sad. I recently acquired a new Jansport bag though, and they're as good as they have ever been.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I honestly never really paid much attention to them and at one point even guessed that they are probably overrated and overhyped, but now that I've been using one of their bags for almost a decade and it still isn't showing any signs of giving out I have to say I am very much impressed. I can now see why they are one of the most popular brands for back packs, if not the most popular. I say it is well worth the initial payment to get one of these products because it will end up saving you a lot in the long run. The only thing I never really liked that much about their bags is the design but I'm willing to look beyond that since it is so sturdy.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I actually haven’t used a backpack in years, but I do remember Jansport backpacks being really high quality when I used them. Truth was, where I went to school people tended to look down on you if you used the same backpack for more than a year, so I’d end up buying cheap replacement backpacks and they never lasted as long as the Jansports. I kind of regret giving them away, I bet they’d still be going strong if I’d kept them.

5. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Jansports backpack that I used way way back in high school. It is still in great shape. Although I don't use it too often anymore I still pull it out when I need to use a backpack. I just recently attended my 20 year reunion so that says a lot about the product!

6. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Jansport bags in my country are relatively expensive. I only managed to buy one when I got my first paycheck about four years ago. It was money well spent, because until now, my Jansport bag is still okay. It's faded in some areas, but I still use it especially when I am travelling. I wish that more brands will make products as long lasting as this one.

7. yvannahgeorgianne

yvannahgeorgianneNew Member

Threads:
    I haven't gotten a Jansport bag just yet but I've been wanting one ever since I saw how durable my friends' Jansport bags are. They're quite expensive here so I'm still saving up for it. I didn't know they have warranty. It made me want it more. I believe it's a great investment for me since I carry books to class everyday.