Jessi Moves Again - Part 6 - Make Lists of Items to Buy AFTER the Move

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Jessi • May 5, 2014.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    If you don't know the series, here's the backstory:

Something I like doing is trying to use up some of the items that nearing their end or that I have large stockpiles of.

Now this doesn't mean I'm going to try to use up all my extra toothpaste or toilet paper, lol. What it does mean is that I will use up any nearly used shampoos or face products. I'll finish up condiments in the fridge that I only use occasionally like funky salad dressings or special hot sauces. I'll finish off cleaning products that I don't necessarily like, but also don't want to waste my time packing and moving.

And more importantly, anything that I finish off that I might want more of later, I go ahead and keep a list. For example, I just refilled my hand soap dispenser with the last of my refill bottle. I don't want to immediately buy a new, large refill because I'd just have to move it in a week or two from now. But I don't want to forget to replenish my stock after the move either, so it goes on the list. Same thing for a bottle of oyster sauce and mayo from the fridge. I will want them later, but I can live without replenishing them for the next couple weeks. I just don't want to forget to buy them again later!

2. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    Was just reading your blog, so cute that your cat called dibs on your baking stone. I aww'd out loud :)

Where were you when I was moving?! I still have things packed away that I could definitely use but at the time I didn't think I'd need it.

3. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Who wants to drag a bunch of half-empty bottles of shampoo and body wash to another house? I always try to use up those things before moving as well. It's something that I do instinctively without even thinking about it, so I think it's pretty interesting that you pointed it out.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I helped a friend move a couple years ago who did NOT do this, so when I was helping her unpack after, I was appalled to find the contents of some of the boxes I'd helped carry in. It's no wonder she had so many considering it seemed like she kept every bottle of shampoo and conditioner from every hotel room she'd ever been in and all the makeup for the last decade. Multiply that by the rest of her apartment and holy cow there was a lot of crap!

5. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I know what you mean. Some people don't want to waste anything. When I'm moving, I always use it as an opportunity to get rid of all of the clutter and crap that I don't want to bring along. Although moving can be a pain, it's always a good opportunity to get rid of the things that you don't need.