Jet.com - Expanding On The Success Of Online Stores?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by forest_kitten • May 16, 2016.

1. forest_kitten

forest_kittenNew Member

Threads:
    I've been seeing ads for Jet.com *everywhere* in the past few months. As a huge fan of online shopping (Amazon in particular), I was excited to check it out.

I'm feeling a little lukewarm about Jet.com though. It seems like a lot of online shopping stores without a particular niche pop up all over the place and they all have a very similar business model - offer some steep discounts to become a member and charge regular prices for most items with discounted shipping the more you buy.

I'm a fan of Amazon because it offers good sales and free shipping for Prime members, not to mention the fantastic customer service. I'm not a huge fan of any other online store because they haven't done much to prove themselves. I did shop on Jet.com when I signed up, and I received a good deal by using the new customer coupon code. Since then, however, I've compared prices between Jet, Amazon, eBay, and other stores, and Jet isn't really offering a great value.

Am I looking in the wrong places, or is this just a business model that's designed to create immediate loyalty and not offer much outside of the initial discount?

Does anyone have relevant experiences to share?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find the idea of Jet.com intriguing, but as I am sure I have mentioned on here, I get a number of Amazon codes from participating in different forums and such, so that is primarily where I do my online shopping. If forums and survey sites started using Jet I might start shopping there.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From what I've seen on their television advertisements, it appears that discounts appear as you shop. The more items you put in your shopping cart, and possibly determined by the brands and/or types of merchandise you are buying, additional items will be further discounted. It's all a bit esoteric to me, despite their attempts to explain it in the ads. I haven't had a need to visit the site since my first time, just to check it out, but I still think there could be some value to it.

4. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a jet.com fan. I am not even an Amazon Prime member (although I think I possibly should be), but vastly enjoy the savings that I get on Amazon. Like another poster, I receive amazon gift certificates and codes online frequently for participating in surveys and different focus groups, so it just further cements the savings that I receive on their site.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feel that Jet.com is a lead on, they give you a good deal a few times to get you into the store and then they have they switch you to the real prices. Sprinkle in a low price every now and then to keep you. I have not shopped on the site and probably will not. I am not comfortable with what I see on TV.

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was surprised that I actually received a direct mail leaflet type advertisement from Jet.com the other day. It wasn't addressed to me, but was addressed to someone who lived here many years ago, since I've been here for 7 years and have never met the man. It looked as if they had some good prices. I'm not sure where I put it, but I found it interesting that they're advertising via snail mail now.

7. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I am disappointed in Jet. The prices aren't that great. I went on line expecting to place an order with them only to find that I could get better prices else where. I am frequently looking for new places to shop online, but Jet.com will not be one of them.