Jewels Is Going Bag Less Nation Wide?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jasmine2015 • Sep 26, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    OK so I live near Chicago. I have been hearing that soon Jewels will go bagless. I was talking to someone about this and they wondered what this would mean for the baggers. I told them that the baggers wouldn't go anywhere because customers would have to bring their own bags. The changes are soon to apply to the jewels in my neighborhood as well. If anyone has ever shopped in Sam's club, having to bring your own bags is nothing new. Would stores gain profit because less money is being spent on buying bags or would stores lose money because it played a big part on profits?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So many stores have already gone bagless, that have gone back to bags or giving the choice of bringing your own bag in my area. I do take my own bag to the store not to save money but to keep the house from being full of bags, them seem to multiple like little rabbits.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From Monday, UK stores are legally obliged to charge 5p for every carrier bag they issue. Several stores are donating the profits from this new ruling to charity. It's not too big a deal for me, I've got a couple of eco bags which fold up into small squares. They fit neatly in my bag. As long as you can get into the habit of remembering your reusable bags everywhere you go, the new ruling won't affect you too much.