Jiffy Scoop (Icecream spoon)

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Riggy • Sep 18, 2014.

1. Riggy

RiggyMember

Threads:
    Does the Jiffy Scoop really work as easily as it's shown to? Has anyone ever used it? To be honest, it's a very clever item.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a good idea, but as a frugal person, you have to make a decision. Is ice cream so stressful that you need to spend money on a special scoop? Even though letting ice cream sit out for a couple of minutes takes a little patience, wouldn't it be better to do that and put the money in savings? How many kitchen gadgets do people really need? Can you live without a self heating ice cream scoop?
    This is a great idea if you actually own an ice cream parlor, otherwise I would skip it.

3. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    Yep, exactly what I was about to say, definitely for an ice cream parlor its a genious idea, for personal use not so much. I personally don't eat ice cream that much so I wouldn't have a frequent use for that, but when I do its usually cone ice cream and not the scoop kind of icecream and so its usually already wrapped up nicely and in 6pack boxes bought from the store. I like not getting my hands full of melting ice cream, though I do go for that in the summer when I'm at the beach or such.

4. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I just did the cost benefit analysis on this. For me, it's totally worth it! We eat ice cream for dessert most nights. It's a terrible habit, but we love the ritual of winding down for the night with a scoop of the good stuff. We have a scoop, but it really is a pain to soak it in hot water between scoop attempts. Plus, we have to wash an extra dish. After soaking in water, the scoop leaves a weird film on the outside of the ice cream. If it works, I want this!

5. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I eat ice cream a lot too. I let the ice cream sit out so it melts so it will be soft enough to put in my bowl. I can see why people would use the scoop if they didn't let their ice cream melt before eating it. It seems like it's pretty helpful.

6. Hamz10

Hamz10Member

Threads:
    This product is worth it if you tend to use it frequently. It's a really good product and works exactly how it's shown so I would definitely recommend buying it if you are thinking about that. But again you can just warm up your scoop slightly under hot water or the cooker if you want to. But it's still a nifty and quirky tool to have around!