Jimmy Johns

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by gmckee1985 • Aug 26, 2016.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Anyone ventured in here before? I've always ignored them for some reason. Usually on the rare occassion I want a sub I'l go to Quiznos, or Subway; But recently I tried Jimmy Johns and was really impressed. Really quick and friendly service. Good taste. Only reason qualm is the price, which was a bit higher than Subway. Other than that, I can't really complain. I wouldn't quite say it's as good as Quizno's but it's darn close. Your thoughts?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I think that Quiznos is the best of the sub shops, however, you pay the price for going there. I have never been to Jimmy John's but there is one in a shopping area I frequent. It sounds like it would be a good sub shop to try. I may look for some coupons. Firehouse subs is also good. I think it is another premium shop..but the prices are fairly affordable.

3. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I like jimmy johns, I usually don't eat out but I really like their turkey sandwich, we use to have a quiznos (we don't now in the closest town) and it was my FAVORITE sub show. However we have a place called planet sub which is better the all of them. Anyways I find all sub places prices to be expensive to me. I can't eat at subway, the smell of the place makes my literally gag (it smells like olives and mayo mixed together to me), I am not saying they are a bad place to eat I am say I just can't eat there.

4. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I have a hit or miss relationship with Jummy Johns. I like the sandwiches, and the only time it is a miss is when I get it when I do not need to. I try to limit myself to eating out or ordering food, but I must admit that there are times when it is just convenient and that is all that matters to me, until later when I look at my wallet. They are cheap and good and fast, though, which is tough to beat. Thanks for sharing.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tend to stick to local sub shops when I buy subs, which isn't often these days. I have heard the ads for Jimmy John's, and I enjoy when they come on, which alone makes me want to try them at some point. I wasn't aware of any in my area, but recently looked and saw that there's one somewhat close, so I might stop by and check it out if I'm in the area. I know they are supposed to deliver fast, but since I live out in the boonies, there aren't many places that deliver here, so if they even came here, they'd probably do like some others, and charge a double delivery fee.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't go to sub shops very frequently, but I have tried all of these three over the years. I find Quizno's to be the best of the bunch. I felt like Jimmy John's was a glorified Subway with a higher price tag.

The one in your area may be better, but the one here didn't have that great of service. I really didn't feel like the food was worth any more than the food that is offered at Subway either. It was quite similar to me. In fact, the difference if any, wasn't noticeable.

I honestly don't see how the shop here does any business when it's right around the corner from Subway. If there was a Quizno's nearby, I think they'd both be out of business here.

I'd rather make my own sub at home. It's cheaper and much better.

7. Aleece13

Aleece13New Member

Threads:
    I have yet to try Jimmy John's, though I want to. We don't have one in my town, but when I venture out of town I always want to try it. I'm a Subway lover! Have not tried Quizno's yet either. Then again I don't hear much about either of the two places, so that makes me think it's not all that good. Maybe one day I'll get to try for myself! :D