Julep: Be Careful!

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by hellonamesdana • Jan 7, 2015.

1. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdanaMember

Threads:
    If you haven't already tried it, Julep is a website that sends you a "Maven" box once a month for about $30 a month (a little less) that has three bottles of nail polish in it. I believe that you can also get like hand cream or a few other options, but it's mostly nail polish that they are selling. A lot of sites like Swagbucks offer you a code to get your first box for free, which I did last month, and I only had to pay $4.99 for the shipping and I got the three bottles of nail polish plus a bunch of swagbucks points for doing the offer.
    But when I found out how much it cost per month to use the service and realized that I honestly don't pain my nails nearly as much as I used to, I tried to cancel the subscription. But of course the site doesn't make it easy to cancel your subscription, and they charged me the almost thirty dollars for the next month and sent me the box. I emailed support and it took a while for them to finally agree to refund me my money, almost all of it besides the shipping.
    So just be careful if you're going to try for the free box that you either want to keep up with the subscription to the service, or you cancel it in full and get a confirmation email about it!

2. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I think I've heard of Julep before, but I had to look it up on some Youtube videos just to make sure. I think that is what a lot of these companies do that mail out products monthly to people, they hook you in, but then are not that attentive if you want to cancel. I saw a Youtube review about some of their products, they seem interesting to try out, so thanks for the heads up about them.

3. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdanaMember

Threads:
    I will say that their nail polish is pretty good quality as far as I have heard, but I actually haven't opened any of the bottles of nail polish that I got from them yet. I am actually considering selling them or giving them to a friend as a present because I don't really like most of the colors that they sent me.