Jumble Sales/car Boot Sales

Discussion in Misc & Others started by littlewitch66 • Jul 14, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    These are held in the UK but I don't know if other countries have similar kinds of sales. Used items of clothes, shoes or bric a brac are donated and sold at various venues. They seem less popular than they used to be as car boot sales have taken over where people take their unwanted items to various locations and sell them out of the boot of their car.

Do you have similar sales where you live?

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Yes almost everyday we see people selling their used items very near where I live. Evey month there is a new location or the same locations are extended. To me it's actually quite fun walking around and looking and usually find great food while shopping for items. Here we call them "tianguis." They are very popular here and I think they will be for a very long time.

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I am in the US and we have yard sales or garage sales throughout the summer. Sometimes, there will be subdivision sales where a lot of people in the same neighborhood will have garage sales. It is nice to go around to garage sales because you can find all kinds of items for sale. I have picked up a few things for my home that have been very cheap. I like to look for clothing for my children since they grow out of them so fast that I do not like to pay full price for clothing and shoes.