Just Rest

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Sunflogun • Jun 22, 2015.

1. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    Lately, I am not having enough rest and sleep. I just came home few days ago from traveling. It was fun but at the same time very tiring. You have to deal with a lot of stuffs, for instance the hotel, place to eat, travel time, and other things. Sometimes it is better to just stay at home and rest or do things with out worrying the time. Doing things at your own phase.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is very rare that I cannot get sleep. I have cultivated my life to where it is as stress free as possible. But of course, stress will always find a way in, and so will that fast pace. Sometimes I will meditate, if I cannot sleep. It always works without fail. I would suggest that people who suffer with insomnia try it.

3. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    The same happens with me Dreek and I consider myself to be fortunate about it. When I have a lot of concerns it might take my sleep away, but that doesn't happen often fortunately. When I can't sleep properly my next day is ruined.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a good thread which makes me realize that I am lacking in not only rest but also sleep. We retire at 10pm and I wake up before 5 am. So that gives me 7 hours of sleep if I had gone to sleep at exactly 10 pm. And I leave for work by 5 am to avoid the traffic. But in going home, I couldn't avoid the evening traffic. Perhaps I need some rest that I can get during weekends.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, everyone (gasp! I said the e-word again) has the power to control their thoughts. It may be next to impossible to control what pops in there, but we decide whether to mull over them or not. The practice of blocking thoughts.. thinking of nothing.. meditating.. even just in trying, will be immensely helpful. And with a little time of true effort, sleep will come much easier. These days you can't stop me, I can sleep on demand LOL

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL!! I am always so pleased when I come on this forum to find that you have quoted one of my posts, JosieP ;) What you are saying is true, but for people who aren't going to understand what is meant by 'everyone has the power to control their thoughts, feelings, and consequently their stress levels,' I usually try to break them in with other practices like meditation lol. Manipulative? A tad, yes. But it usually snowballs, and since other people don't know what is best for them, what am I to do? Lmao!! I can sleep on demand too. The idea that people can't is baffling to me.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just realized we hadn't been stalking each other nearly enough lately, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling lol.

I'm perfectly fine with telling people "everyone can blah blah etc".. it saves time and plants the seed.. what they do with it is up to them. And of course, they have the manipulators out there to hit the point home for me lol. I think what's most important is they know it can't be done in one night (not always or for everyone anyway) and that's the problem with all the things that people say "I can't!" for before they've even gotten started. Instant gratification.. if they don't get it, they "I can't!" us to death and continue suffering. Meh.. whatchagonnado?

8. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, people are just marching on to death, some just faster than others. We do need to stop and take a break to see what we are doing with our lives, many times we just get absorbed and we don't do the right choices.

9. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Have you guys seen these "sleep pods" at the airport? You can rent them to go and take a nap in?
    Anyways good post, having a rest is important.
    I like to relax in a natural setting, listen to the calming sounds.

10. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Ah, never even heard of those lol! But now that you mention the concept that seems interesting enough, let me take a look. I am impressed, they look good, I wish I could try them, it would mean I would be travelling more.

go-sleep-auh1.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think we take on too much and feel good about ourselves if we do not have every minute filled up with some type of activity. We do not give ourselves enough time to sleep or cook and eat good healthy meals. Some people are working two jobs to make ends meet which makes them feel tired all the time, which can lead to depression and doctor bills. Some times you just feel stuck and don't see a why out. Rest is often the answer.

12. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I agree, I know I am not getting enough rest/sleep. With two kids and full time job I find there isn't enough hours in the day to get everything done. My kids play sports and want to go see them so that could be 2-3 hours away from doing housework. You end up doing laundry late at night. I do think that my priorities need to change and focus more on me and my family. Taking time to recharge your batteries is important both mentally and physically.

13. DarlingSawyer

DarlingSawyerNew Member

Threads:
    Yea, it's like "hey stress, let's break up" I haven't had any rest during weekends since I have a bunch of stuff going on the side notes so yea, I need to cool down a bit. Thanks for reminding