Keep Your Old Clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Jun 12, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The reference isn't to worn out clothes which you'd have no use for. I'm talking about clothes that once were in fashion but aren't worn any more because they no longer are . . .

There's this belief, not entirely false either, that everything comes back in style eventually . . . even loin clothes.

Would you keep clothes hoping that one day they'll be back in fashion.

2. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I always keep my old clothes because I find there are times when I actually don't mind wearing them. If they don't fit then I donate them but if they still fit I hang on to them until I either don't have space in my closet or they look to worn out for use.

3. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    Oh most definitely! I think this is something I do a lot which turned into a bad habit. I kept so much of my old clothes that I had too much in my closet and it took my mom to give me an intervention to help me get rid of the things I didn't wear but have. I still have some old pieces that fit just fine on me since I'm not much thinking of trends. I think if you're confident with what you're wearing, you're gonna rock it no matter whats. So yes, I still keep my old clothes. Not all of them, just some.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I keep most of my clothes though I did a purge when I moved and gave away a lot of clothes I never got around to wearing. I keep classic and designer items or things that are one offs.

I do have some vintage clothes too, but these days I buy less and use what I have, because I realized there is no point storing things and never using them.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never been one for "fashionable" clothes, preferring plain styles instead so I get to wear my clothes until they fall apart! I will have a clear out from time to time and anyting that hasn't been worn in over a year gets taken to the textile recycle bank.

6. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    If they fit and I like them, I will keep them even if it isn't necessarily in fashion right now. In general though, I wear pretty much average casual men's clothes, so I am probably not a good example. I imagine that people who are very into fashion will get rid of their clothes when they are out of fashion because it takes a lot of time for them to come back in style. 90's style is in vogue right now, but it has also been 20+ years since the 90s.

7. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’ve kept a few things and it’s come in quite handy. Not necessarily because the clothes came back in fashion, but my lifestyle has changed slightly (at least for the time being) and now they’re more appropriate. It’s mostly classic stuff, though some of the materials could use updating.

In general though, I don’t really believe in wearing things just because they’re in fashion (not a huge fan of some of the 90s resurgence happening right now, for example) so by erring mostly classic, I hope to be able to keep my clothes AND wear them regularly, because I seek out things I like.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a whole new take on wearing clothes. I say it all depends on how old the clothes become. If they still look new even after a decade of wearing, I don't mind keeping them until there's a fashion reset. Most of the time, though, I donate my old clothes if I don't end up wearing them at home.