Keeping Obsolete Computer Items

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Alexandoy • Jan 11, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you just throw away old devices and media of your computer? I have unused diskettes that I still keep in my cabinet together with a cd burner and some printer ribbons. I have this feeling that someday those obsolete computer items will have a value. Lucky are those who still have the 5-1/4 diskettes before the smaller 3-inch diskettes came out.

What gave me this idea was one tv technician who wanted to buy my black and white tv. But I suspect that it is already a collector's item.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a person who like to stock up old stuffs neither do I outright throw away expensive gadgets which might have some value in future.

I weight to see which shall be most likely useful to me in near future and keep them. I still have an old PC collecting dust. Its fully functional but I prefer using my laptop.

3. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Even if becomes obsolete, sentiment prevents to immediately through away a stuff, especially when it was an once-precious item. I rather prefer to give it away to someone who can still use it.

A few days back, we have given away our old TV after keeping it at home for three year without use.