Keeping Your Home Organized

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Denis Hard • Feb 4, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Last week I had to borrow some tools from a neighbor. I'd borrowed the same tools from him previously so I was certain I'd get them from him again. The moment I arrived though I couldn't help noticing that he preferred chaos to order. He had stuff all over the place [which was not the case when he hadn't divorced his wife].

I made known my request and he says, wait a minute. Disappears into a room and comes back empty-handed. He asks me to give him one more minute, he'll just look elsewhere. It took him over an hour to find the tools I'd come to borrow.

All this made me realize that it's a lot better to be organized so you can't spend money buying something which you probably have but don't know (that you do) because you misplaced it or something. Can save you a lot of money.

2. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I can think of several times I bought something because I forgot I had it or could not find it in the house. It can definitely save you money when you have a place for everything. I have a hard time with organization. I have a small home and we have to use every bit of space we have carefully because there is not much room to put things. I bought storage containers that can slide under the bed and we bought shelves to go in the closet to try and keep things organized. I am always looking for more ways to make the best use of the little space I have until we are able to move into a larger home.

3. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I find it interesting that you say your neighbor wasn't like that before divorcing his wife. Maybe the wife is the one who kept things organized, or maybe he is lonely and can't get his act together. I've been there.
    I use to keep my home so neat, and would get compliments about it almost on a daily basis because I lived in a really close knit complex and people were visiting me all the time.

I lived with a man who was my best friend, and soul-mate. When he and I started having problems, he started not being around as often and my world kind of went into a tailspin. My formerly organized and beautiful home looked like a hurricane had hit it.

It's always better to be organized, because organization just makes life simpler. Sometimes it's easier said than done though.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been told the condition of your outer world is a reflection of the condition of your mind. If your living situations are disorganized your mind is disorganized. Stop and clean up your space so you can think straight and get things done and save money. You know how many times people purchase things they have right in front of them because they can not see it.

5. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Being organized helps us things to be easy. As a human, we usually or often forget a thing because of being too busy of our work, one thing added because of a messy surroundings. The exemplary of being organized that we can get a good example is our Grand Creator, our God. Yes, He is, our planetary system is so organized their location, sizes and the planet earth is in a perfect place that is away from the sun.

6. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    I know of people that appear to be disorganized but if they need something they know just exactly where to go to find it. Personally I prefer things to be as minimalist as possible, I just am having a hard time getting to that point in my own life. I admit I have way to much confusion going on in various places in the house. How does it get like this? Well for me it is to many work hours and not enough time for the home.

I have to admit though there are times when things are in order and I cannot find the things that I am looking for right in front of my face. I blame this on ghosts or aliens or something. I am sure we have all had that happen at one time or another, you need something- you have an idea where it is yet you just can't seem to find it and give up. Later you look and there it is right where you thought sitting in plain sight. Ghosts!:oops::oops::oops: