Kenya

Discussion in Travel started by Da-xia • Aug 27, 2014.

1. Da-xia

Da-xiaNew Member

Threads:
    Here I want to talk about the beauty of Kenya. It is a country of forests. The attractive places of Kenya are Volcanic Crater Kerio, Great Rift Valley, and natural lakes such as Lake Victoria, Lake Magadi, and rivers such as Tsavo, Athi, and mountains like Mt. Kilimanjaro, Mt. Kiringa, and Mt. Kenya. The Savannah, coral reefs, white sand beaches are some other attractions of Kenya.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've read a few stories about the kind of fun adventurers who went to Africa, or Kenay to be exact, on Safaris but since hunting animals for fun is illegal in most places I suppose what one should expect is a 'tame' holiday. Anyway there were some news reports on terrorism and Al Qaeda cells in the country. If I'm not wrong, there's still a travel advisory out for that.

The country might have some great tourists attractions though what I'd like to see is the migration of wildebeests but what about security? Is it as bad as I've heard or is the Western media playing it up a bit?

3. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    I love Kenya! spent a month there back in July and looking to go again very soon and i realized after the first tour that natural beauty in Kenya is splendid..

4. Denis Hard

Threads:
    Guys, what about the security like I asked. There's no denying that there are some beautiful places in the country [seen a few animal documentaries] but if Al Qaeda terrorists are operating within the country . . .

I don't trust most of the stuff I hear on the news which is why I need to hear from someone who's been there recently or someone who actually lives in Kenya.

5. Da-xia

Da-xiaNew Member

Threads:
    The security is as worst as you heard but as I’m a photographer and it’s my passion to capture wild life so I don’t bother about this all and do my work and get thrill.
    According to my personal experience the natives are sportive and if you ask for help they never refused but all are not the same my friend.

6. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Da-xia! You are right Kenya is very beautiful place. I visited it three years ago. It has tourist attractions. There are many beaches, cultural and historical sites. Now I am going to share the names of my favorite attractions.
    1. The Great Rift Valley
    2. Mount Kilimanjaro & Mount Kenya
    3. African Safari & Great Migration
    4. National Parks & Reserves
    5. Tsavo National Park
    6. Lake Nakuru National Park
    7. Lamu
    8. Nairobi
    9. Mombasa
    10. Malindi

7. daren

darenMember

Threads:
    i never had been to kenya but read many things about its beauty. and all of you add more knowledge into my information. i will plan my trip to kenya in near future? can anybody tell which hotel is best to stay there.

8. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Daren! Kenya is not a small town but it has several cities. If you mentioned the name of specific destination in your post so I could easily tell you about the accurate hotels. Right now I am going to tell you about the famous and best hotels of Nairobi. I hope you will like them.
    I. PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites
    II. Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
    III. The Boma Nairobi
    IV. Nairobi Serena Hotel
    V. Palacina Residence & Suites
    VI. Fairview Hotel
    VII. Sarova Stanley
    VIII. Hemingways Nairobi
    IX. Reata Serviced Apartments
    X. DusitD2 Nairobi

9. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Ashlee ! After reading your above posts it looks that there are lots of attractive spots in Kenya for travelers to enjoy the real beauty of this region. I think you have stayed there for a long time that's why you know about it in much detail. if I am not wrong, then share with me, is Kenya famous for its attractive spots or something else?

10. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    roki123! You are right, I have a lot of knowledge about the Kenya but I did not stay there for a long time. I visited this stunning country almost three times in my life. My first cousin lived there and that’s why I visited this region again and again. I have already mentioned the names of my favorite attractions of this region in my above post so you can check it out. Here I want to talk about its capital and the largest city Nairobi and its attractions. If you happened to go to this country so, must visit its capital. Right now I am sharing the names of this popular city.
    I. Karura Forest
    II. African Fund for Endangered Wildlife (Kenya) Ltd. - Giraffe Centre
    III. Nairobi National Park
    IV. Nairobi Gallery
    V. Nairobi National Museum
    VI. Karen Blixen Museum
    VII. Nairobi Arboretum
    VIII. Ngong Hills
    IX. Bomas of Kenya
    X. Paradise lost

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I seriously get where you're coming from and you're justified in promoting Kenya, which I'm sure is a lovely country with cultural and natural wonders aplenty. My only concern as of this moment is the threat of Ebola. I have always wanted to go on a safari adventure but since the outbreak, I have deferred my plans to a future time when the virus ceases to be a threat to mankind.

12. Denis Hard

Threads:
    Just because there's an Ebola outbreak in W. Africa doesn't mean that the whole of Africa is affected. Nor is there a possibility that the disease will spread from West to East. Anyone who wants to visit E. Africa or Kenya to be specific need not concern themselves with Ebola. Instead you should be terrified of terrorists who might kidnap you so they can torture you. It happened a few years back and I believe that it can happen again.
    But it so happens that terrorists don't operate only near the borders.

13. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Denis Hard! I totally agree with you. Ebola outbreak has not prevailed all over the place but it has affected just some areas and I am not promoting. I am just describing the bright point of this region. According to me we all try to explain the problems and bad deeds of a specific place but we don’t try to mention some good points of any region.

14. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Denis Hard ! you are right whole Africa is not affected with Ebola. If we talk about the risk of kidnapping then I would like to add such kid of mishaps may happen in any region of the word. That why I can’t say or imagine that this is totally not a good place and had not worth to visit there.I think it is a nice country and has worth to visit there.

15. Denis Hard

Threads:
    The bad stuff must also be mentioned so one is prepared for the worst. Of course an advisory like the one I quoted in my previous post gets people to stay away from some of the more dangerous places. Tourists were kidnapped in . . . was it Lamu . . . some town near the Somalian border and were murdered by the terrorists. Anyway, since one will get to hear all the reasons why they shouldn't visit a place, I guess mentioning the good points balances the equation.
    I've seen some nice pictures so yeah, it definitely is a good place to visit. And then there's the world famous wildebeest migration . . .

#15Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  16. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    Mombasa is a really beautiful part of Kenya. I have a few friends who live there and I have visited them on several occasions, as well as other parts of Kenya. I also really loved the time that I spent with the Masai and brought a lot of beautiful beads back with me to Ghana. I really loved the variety of wildlife that I saw there that I cannot see here.

17. Garryson

GarrysonBanned

Threads:
    Yeah you are right Serena! The

is an absolutely beautiful part of Kenya. I visited this about 4 years ago with college friends and had lots of fun there. It was a great fun to explore the Kinazini Funzi Dhow Safaris, Avicennia Island, Shimba Hills National Park and Tiwi Beach. We enjoy the eve moment that we spent there. I think it’s a perfect destination to enjoy outdoors.

18. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Denis Hard! Why the bad stuff always be mentioned? I think it is an individual duty that we should not spread out the bad deeds every where and especially even just to hear them from someone. First we should try to examine the truth then moved toward to the bad deeds. What you say about it?

19. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Pola123! It seems like that you have spent a great time there at Kenya. I totally agree with you that this an amazing and stunning place, which offers mesmerizing, views. Here I would like to know some more detail about this place and if you can upload its some pictures so it will be a pleasure for me.

20. Denis Hard

Threads:
    Is a product review complete if all it harps on are the "pros" of the product? Good reviewers are completely honest and lay out all the facts on the table. Yep, the good and bad points must be stated because no product is perfect.

Apply the same logic to travel destinations. They all have shortcomings. There are some countries for example where the Natives are not so friendly and you're warned in advance to expect that. When choosing a travel destination the first two questions we must answer are:

#1. Why should I visit the place?
    It's beautiful, got wildlife, great beaches, etc.

#2. Why shouldn't I visit the place?
    The border towns aren't safe, etc, etc.