Keratin Hair Treatment

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Lushlala • Dec 4, 2014.

1. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Has anyone heard of this hair treatment? I'm seriously considering transitioning from hair relaxer to Keratin hair treatment as I hear it's kinder to hair. The claims state it's more of a "restorative" process and won't lead to hair breakage, but leaves hair nice and straight and not so prone to frizzing easily. It'd be fantastic to hear first hand reviews from anyone who's had it done (negative or positive), especially those with thick, frizzy/coarse hair that's hard to tame. Apparently results can last up to two and a half months!

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I've heard it ever since Yahoo reported that Kate Middleton likes that particular hair treatment. I have thick, frizzy hair that's hard to tame - exactly as you described it. Well I have curly hair that looks like a bunch of dark dried ropes twisting together. It would do me a world of good to start undergoing Keratin treatment soon.

3. Lushlala

Threads:
    I've actually been in a salon and seen it done for a lady with extremely long and thick hair. I just couldn't believe the transformation when I saw the result; her hair was bone straight and had this sleek finish to it I just wanted to touch it LOL I like that it's said to be kinder to hair than hair relaxer, which I'm more accustomed to and would desperately like to move away from. However as with most Hair and Beauty products, I've heard it may not be suitable to my hair type :( I'm praying this is inaccurate as I'm dying to try it. Please give me feedback if you decide to take the plunge, at this point I'd like to hear from anybody regardless of hair type :)

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am very apprehensive when it comes to any kind of saloon hair treatment with commercial products. I find that all hair products, including most of those that I used to buy at the health food store, dried out my hair after a while and turned it into "straw". Even the alleged moisturizers. I Have long switched to using simple natural ingredients, such as bicarbonate of soda, apple cider vinegar, eggs, olive oil, etc. Yes, it might be a little more involved than simply squeezing a tube, but it saved my hair.

5. Lushlala

Threads:
    Sadly for some of us simple, organic stuff just won't cut it. My hair is very coarse and hard to tame, to the point of being painful to comb! I have to rely on "relaxer" to make it manageable. But lately I've been trying to explore alternative methods, Keratin being one of them. Luckily it isn't actually a chemical, and it has been proven to add moisture and replace lost natural oils to hair that may otherwise have been chemically damaged :)

6. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using Keratin Shampoo and Conditioner for about four months now. I love it, love it, love it:D.
    It does exactly what it claims. I use to have a comb full of hair after each wash due to breakage and now I can count the strands of hair in my comb, I'm not exaggerating either. It's much more manageable to comb through when it's wet and after it dries. When I go to use a electric curling iron it's like my time is cut in half. I don't spend two hours fussing over my hair any more. I am very pleased with Keratin and have recommended it to my son's girlfriend and she likes it too.

It costs $19.99 each plus tax and S&H but it really is worth it.

7. Lushlala

Threads:
    Thanks so much for your response, MrsJones. At the time of writing this thread, I didn't have this problem with hair shedding. But now I don't know what's going, my hair seems to be coming off in huge amounts and it's really worrying. What brand are those products and where do you get them from? TIA

8. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I have tried using keratin treatment for more than a week now and yes, it helps hair to relax somehow. I can see that my hair is now manageable. It lessens my hair fall and my hair becomes so soft. It also prevents dandruff. Try to use keratin treatments with organic formulation.

9. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I found my order form for Keranique here is the number and website 1-888-237-4131 and

. Whatever you do don't order the trial as I did. I had to return the hair growth treatment because there is no history of hair loss in my family. Check out the website.

Lushlala, my hair is naturally thick but after using the shampoo (the first time) it seemed like I had put a relaxer in my hair.

10. Lushlala

Threads:
    OMG MrsJones, thank you ever so much for all the information. I really appreciate it and I'll be sure to give the products a try. I just have to find the money first lol. For me hair is everything, a woman's crowning glory. Mine was always so nice, and also grew. But for some reason it's shedding lot at the moment and I don't think that's helping with growth! I can't wait to sample these products!

11. Lushlala

Threads:
    I have heard nothing but good things about keratin hair products! I'm glad to hear that they also help with dandruff because that's something I'm always fighting. Sometimes I get an itchy scalp without the fakes, but it's still annoying. I'm glad the products are working for you!