Ketchup Discussion Thread

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Jun 25, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've mostly just ignored it before, but recently, I've been growing more and more of a fascination for ketchup because I've been using it a bit more ever since I started buying and making hash browns at home. Since then, I've been able to pair it with a good number of different ketchup brands, including ones you can get in packet form from fast food restaurants, and I've started to notice a very subtle yet very noticeable difference in all of them, from which I've also gained some favorites. As of now, I mostly favor Heinz, which as far as I know is the official ketchup of McDonald's, and even then I swear that I can taste a bit of a difference from McDonald's version and the commercial ones you can get in stores.

That said, I'd also love to discover some of the more obscure ketchup brands as well, so hopefully our members here can share some of their discoveries. I'll be sharing mine too as I discover more in the next few weeks.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also prefer Heinz over Del Monte ketchup, something about it tastes better than Del Monte ketchup. The very cheap brands of ketchup are all thin in consistency and lacking in taste and flavor in my opinion.