Ketosis / Ketogenic Diet

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Doof • Apr 4, 2016.

1. Doof

DoofNew Member

Threads:
    Hey folks, I'm just wondering if there are any fellow keto'ers here.

For those of you unfamiliar with it, it's a low carb, high fat lifestyle. The gist is that you minimize carbs(I keep mine under 20g a day) and use fat and protein to satiate. I thought it would be harder than it was to leave behind all the breads, rice, and mashed potatoes, but everyone is different. Some people have great difficulty with that. If you want more information,

explains things better than I could here. There's also a few good resources on YouTube.

What I can do is share my story. To sum up I've lost 35 lbs in 6 weeks. It's been pretty amazing seeing my energy levels shoot up. I just generally feel healthier over-all.

My day starts with a "bulletproof coffee" which is coffee with butter and coconut oil mixed in. I also add in some

just to turn it into a meal. With protein and fat, that's all the breakfast I need. The coffee usually keeps me going anywhere from 6 to 8 hours before I start to feel hungry again. And I mean, I feel satiated during this period. I don't crave things mid-day like I used to, it's easy to resist temptation when you're not hungry.

Whenever I get hungry again I just eat whatever protein there is. Usually bacon and eggs. Sometimes lettuce wrapped hamburgers or hot dogs. Sometimes a salad with protein on it, like chicken or sausage or something.

And that's pretty much it. I hardly eat out anymore. So that's an awesome savings right there. The only times I've gone out to eat are to catch up with friends. Eating out is a bit trickier, but a lot of restaurants these days are a lot more accommodating. It's not a big deal to ask for lettuce instead of a bun on a hamburger, and the like.