Kettle Brand Potato Chips

Discussion in Product Reviews started by DrRipley • Jul 8, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    flavor_survey_family.

I recently got to taste a new brand of potato chips, and was kind of disappointed as usual. It really makes me wonder why no one aside from Lay's can seem to get potato chips right, which I think is a shame because some of the unique flavors these other brands are offering are really interesting but they just can't seem to get the potato part right (in my opinion).

As usual, I found these chips to be a little too thickly cut for my liking, and I say as usual because it's a common complaint I have among many other brands as well, and I'm really starting to wonder why they choose not to cut them as thinly as Lay's does or if they just can't pull it off. And in case you're wondering why I don't just stick to Lay's, I'm just kind of an enthusiast when it comes to potato chips so I do like tasting them all, and also I'm looking for an alternative to Lay's because as good as their chips are, I think it's good to have some variety.

So for those who have tasted this brand, I'd like to know your thoughts on it because I'd like to know if there is really that much of a market for thickly cut and much harder chips such as this brand and I'd also love to hear if you guys have any alternate suggestions on which other chips I should check out that have a thinner cut and unique flavors.

2. mercantile519

mercantile519Member

Threads:
    I actually really like the thicker cut chips. I like the crunch instead of the crisp, I guess. I also find that it has a better potato to seasoning ratio, and tastes better. But it's all personal opinions :)

3. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    Ugh, I love these so much..they are just so addictive. I have never tried the thicker cuts but I love the thin ones just fine. Very delicious, easily my favorite potato chip on the market that one can buy.

4. daleo717

daleo717Member

Threads:
    I love the crunchier, thicker kettle chip the best. I really love Miss Vickie's the best. But this brand is good also. I am not sure if everyone loves this kind though. My new husband says he loves this kind.

5. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely agree they are thicker cut, so when you bite down on it it can hurt your gums/teeth sometimes if you're not careful. Though some of the ones are pretty good (I like the sea salt one), some of the other ones are like...bleh :(

If I had a choice though I'd definitely choose Pringles or Lay's over Kettle.

6. Spowys

SpowysMember

Threads:
    I love these chips. Lays are awesome too, but I prefer the thicker cut, and I think Kettle has better flavors. They are a bit more expensive though. My favorite is their jalapeno flavor, it has just the right amount of spice.