Keurig 2.0

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Dame6089 • Jun 16, 2015.

1. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    A few months ago, I replaced my original Keurig with the Keurig 2.0. The digital display on the 2.0 model is very nice and it has some fun features like changing the display to different colors and design as well as a clock that can be set to turn on at specific times. The 2.0 has teh ability to make full carafes instead of just cups of coffee as well.

There are a few negatives though. Firstly, you have to hold down the button if you want water and that means "hold it down the entire time". The original Keuring did not operate like this, so I am really confused as to why this decision was made. Also, Keurig decided that they didn't want generic K-cups being used on the machine, so only Keurig brands will be read by the machine. There are several work arounds to this available on the internet and many generic companies have started replicated Keurigs cups, so that theirs will read.

Overall, I enjoy the machine and would recommend it if you are looking to replace your original Keurig model.

2. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    This doesn't sound like a very good product...
    You have to develop workaround just to use a non-keurig Kcup?
    Some of the best coffee's I had of out a keurig machine have been little one-off brands that I happen to stumble across.
    I never really like the idea of single serve pods anyways.
    They cost 10x more per serving then homebrew and also produce a whole bunch of extra waste.
    Avoid any of these products if you are at all interested in saving money.

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    That is a fair criticism for sure. The workaround is fairly simple as you just cut the top off of a Keurig brand K-Cup and place it on top of generic cups. I would say that if you like the Keurig system, that it is worth the upgrade. Otherwise I would skip this because it does have some serious flaws as I said. I enjoy the convenience of Keurig, so I can look past its flaws.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ohhh I hate having to hold down the buttom!! The Dolce Gusto is like that and I didn't know them when I bought it. Had I known I wouldn't have. Good to know Keurig 2.0 is that way, I love Keurig but I would not purchase it like that .

5. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using a Keurig for several years now but I feel the quality is going downhill. We absolutely loved our first Keurig, so much so that we bought one for both sets of parents too. When we replaced our original with the Keurig Vue (which was touted as being the next big thing), we found ourselves missing the original. The K-cups for the Vue were so hard to find and eventually we could only find them online. Now we are using a Keurig mini, my husband actually had it in his office but he brought it home to replace to Vue. When this one is worn out, we may go back to just a regular old filtered coffee pot. I don't care for the fact that I can only use Keurig brand cups in the new 2.0. I enjoy trying many different varieties and brands of coffee and don't want to be stuck with the limitations of only Keurig-approved/made cups!

6. Robyn S. Rottman

Robyn S. RottmanNew Member

Threads:
    i have to disagree with your conclusion that the majority of 2.0 reviews a negative ONLY because of the k-cup limitation. On multiple site Amazon, Costco, etc... the majority of negative reviews are because of brewer failures including multiple replacements. It appears the quality of the 2.0 brewers is much worse than the original. I'll stick with my nearly 3 years old original Keurig until it dies before i try another

7. ZRadach

ZRadachMember

Threads:
    On a side note, you can buy reusable cups that are made of plastice open them and pour in a custom blend. I do that to make what is similar to "Turkish Coffee" by pouring hot water in a cup with the reusable kcup sitting in the cup. It's like an ultraportable french press but less messy. Or a tea infuser that stands upright.

For those with machines, it can save you loads of cash in the long run.

Thanks for reading! :)

8. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have wanted a keurig for a long time; but they are just way too expensive for us to buy one\, and we just have one of the Hamilton Beach Brew stations, which actually does a good job, for a plain coffee pot. What I like about the brew station is that there is no glass coffee carafe that can break or spill coffee. The brewmaster has a tank that keeps the coffee hot and dispenses it a cup at a time.
    The nice thing about a Keurig is that you can have a cup of fresh coffee any time you want one and do not have to keep a whole pot of coffee hot, or warm up cold coffee in the microwave. Plus, there are all sorts of flavors, so a person can have whatever kind of coffee that like. My husband has totally different tastes in coffee than I do, and it would be awesome if we could each have the kind of coffee we we enjoy.