Keurigs & K-cups? Oh Please, Spare Me!

Discussion in Product Reviews started by bellamamma • Jul 8, 2012.

1. bellamamma

bellamammaNew Member

Threads:
    Who else thinks that Keurig should be ashamed of themselves? I certainly do! Who do they think they are? Personally, I can do without spending ridiculous amounts of money for one cup of average tasting coffee. It's just as bad as when company's charge more for 'smaller and cuter' sized products! My dentist has a keurig coffee maker in the waiting room. I always wanted to try a k-cup because of the price tag. I figured it would be really good, authentic coffee that was as tasty as Gevalia coffee (when Gevalia could only be ordered through the mail.). Wrong! As I'm drinking the coffee I'm thinking to myself "Boy, I hope he got this machine for free!" Of course he didn't. They probably bought the Keurig because of it's social status and because people could make single cups of coffee. Buy a Senseo! It's much cheaper. Or, better yet, be sensible and buy a 4-cup coffee maker and make the coffee in small, little batches using coffee grinders and purified water. That is the best coffee you could ever make, seriously. Here is my tip of the day: You can make a cheap, non-tasty coffee taste like expensive, high quality coffee very easily. All you have to do is 1.) Buy the coffee in whole beans and then grind the coffee fresh whenever you need to make a pot. 2.) Use filtered water. Or use a coffee machine that filters the water using replaceable, small filters that you replace yourself. 3.) Take out the 'coffee guts' as soon as the coffee is done brewing and all of the water has drained through the ground coffee. 4.) Do not let the coffee burn by leaving the machine on too longer. Presto, the best coffee in the world. I believe people only buy Keurig because of the social status that comes with it. Or people just have way too much money and don't know what to do with it. Or people are lazy or just don't know how to only make a small pot of coffee.

2. MyOCDisMild

MyOCDisMildMember

Threads:
    I've been wanting to try Keurig or other like minded products for some time now. It seems like a convenient, quick, no hassle way to get a good cup of coffee. A friend
    of mine has one and every cup of coffee I get from her tastes like it was fresh brewed and of pretty high quality. Maybe it was the type of K-Cup you used, the brand maybe? She had a collection, some Starbuck's, International House and other coffee brands that I has never heard of, in different flavors. After having a cup of coffee at her house, I'm still wanting a Keurig coffee maker, or as i said earlier, something similar.

3. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    My husband got me a Keurig for Christmas a few years ago, and I use it pretty regularly. But see, it works well for me because I'm not a big coffee drinker. I like a mug or two in the morning and then I pretty much leave it alone for the rest of the day.

To me, popping in a K-cup is a lot easier than brewing an entire pot of coffee. My main complaint is of course that the K-cups are expensive, and also there is no way to control how strong you can get your coffee since the amount inside the cups is pre-measured. My mom always complains when she comes over and I give her coffee from the Keurig that it's far too weak.

4. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    Dont like it, don't buy it. I can't live without my Keurig. I love getting up and out the door with a cup of coffee in less than a minute. My local store has a club membership where you get every x box of coffee free. Plus if you shop around you can find lots of deals. Future Shop has good prices sometimes.

5. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I agree with BarelyHangingOn - don't like it, don't buy it. My husband got me one a few years ago and I am very pleased with it. I am a daily coffee drinker and since Keurigs have a filter that you can put on to use your own coffee when you don't have K-cups I can still buy regular coffee and only brew the amount I want at a time without having to premeasure anything - just fill the filter with your coffee pop it in and choose a size - there you go! I only buy Kcups when they are on sale and I always use coupons so I essentially get a box of 30 kcups for $7 which is about what I pay for my coffee packets anyway. I would much rather pay $7 for 30 cups of coffee that I know I will like and has unique flavors than $5 for a cup of starbucks which will most probably not be something I'll enjoy as much.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My daughter has a Keurig which she enjoys. She drinks coffee only on the weekend. She has had no complaints with her machine. When I visit I enjoy a cup and feel quilty when I want more than one cup because of the cost. The system makes avoid cup of coffee, takes the measuring out of the preparation that's what I like.