Kfc Breakfast Coming To The Uk

Discussion in Food & Drink started by pwarbi • Oct 8, 2016.

1. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Now I don't know if the a breakfast menu from KFC is available in other countries or not, but just recently KFC have come out and said that as from Monday (October 10th 2016) a new breakfast menu will be coming to a select few branches in the UK. The breakfast menu will be served between 6 till 10.30AM and will be in direct competition with the McDonald's menu that's been around for a while now. Along with traditional breakfast favourites such as bacon rolls and hash browns, chicken and bacon wraps will also be on the menu.

Do we think that this menu will take off and eventually be available in all branches, or have KFC missed the boat so to speak when it comes to serving breakfast and trying to compete with McDonald's? Personally while I think it does give people more options than what we have now, looking at the menu they are planning on serving, it's more or less the same meals that you can buy from any other food outlet so will people be willing to try chicken for breakfast, or are they more likely to stick to what they know and this will be a novelty that quickly fizzles out?

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Where I live in Southern Appalachia they don't have the KFC breakfast menu. In fact, I have never heard of it. However, McDonalds does have an all day breakfast menu. I'm wondering if the UK does also.

Anyhow, I think KFC might produce a good breakfast since thier chicken tastes so good. Finally though, as a company, I don't like KFC that much cause they were known for caging chickens inhumanely.

3. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I know about KFC breakfast menu, but do not know whether it is available at our nearest outlet. I like almost all the items of KFC. So the breakfast menu would be awesome as well, as I could guess. However, I do not want indulge in as these kind of fast foods are not health friendly, and do not want to start my day with junk stuffs.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    In the US they have some healthy items. For instance, the grilled chicken isn't cooked in all that grease, and they claim even the grease is now more healthy for the heart. In addition, they also serve a lot of vegetables compared to McDonalds.

Well, actually McDonalds offers a salad on their menu, but most people are not buying it.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hadn't heard of it, but as the local one is a drive thru I wouldn't really go to it. They have a been a bit slow in doing this as the breakfast market is huge here in the UK. I mean, even Greggs knew that and created all kinds of breakfast foods.

I don't feel it will be much competition, but it will give people convenient choices. It depends when they stop serving it as in McDonalds the queue just before 10:30 to get the last breakfast orders in can be manic. The quality and meal deals will matter too, as that is what people are looking for, or coupons to go with it.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    This is the first time I've heard about KFC breakfast menu and it sounds pretty good. I am a fan of KFC, it's my favorite fast food restaurant and I would be more than excited to try their breakfast option. I hope it gets well known and comes to my country, I will definately be looking forward to that.