Kfc

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by tasha • May 9, 2016.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I went to kfc on the weekend and ordered some food but when I got home it seemed as though the chicken had shrunk because the piece I got was so small and it is not cheap! I think there products have gone down, does anyone else feel this way?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not as big a fan of KFC as many people, if I'm being honest. I've noticed among other things that their portions do seem to have shrunk somewhat. But all things considered, I'd sooner go to Nandos or Simply Asia than KFC, both have better, faster service. Plus the food is miles better :)

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't know how it is for other countries but for us the size has also gone way down from where it was way back when. I usually just order their other products these days if I can or if I'm not particularly craving their original recipe chicken. Their wraps and burgers are still fairly alright although even those are slowly decreasing in quality also. The most I dislike is that the quality is sometimes inconsistent depending on which branch I buy from, but I guess I can't expect much from fast food anyway.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to KFC in quite a while, so I can't speak to whether the portion sizes or pieces of chicken have shrunk. I have been getting a hankering for their chicken, biscuits and coleslaw. Their prices are higher than some of the other chicken places, although not as high as some. I have a Dairy Queen nearby and they also have chicken meals, although they vary slightly from KFC's, but the price is lower, also.

5. Lushlala

Threads:
    The other thing I forgot to mention is that I don't like how much sauce they smother their burgers and wraps with. I love sauces, but even for me, it can get too much. I usually have to scrape most of it off before I can stomach it. In Northern England, specifically in Bolton, they also started to slip on their hygiene standards and often found themselves in hot water with the authorities. The real reason I stopped going there was because on three separate occasions I found hair in my burger, and I just thought to myself, what else am I not seeing with the naked eye?! So I very, very rarely eat there now.

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I rarely if ever go to KFC. They just don't do it for me anymore. If I want chicken or something similar I go to Bojangles or Popeye's. I do go to KFC from time to time, but it's on rare occasions. I really like their little barbecue sandwiches. And sometimes I'll get the $5 fill up meal. It's pretty reasonably priced for what you get. But most KFC's seem to be run down and they don't really have any fresh items on their menus. So usually I just pass them right by without giving it any thought.

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to think that KFC was the best chicken that you could get from a fast food place. Then, the prices just kept going up and up, and it was simply too expensive to go there anymore, so we had not gone to a KFC in a year or two. We usually choose Bojangles because they have better prices, spicy chicken, and and easy drive through.
    Plus, they give seniors (like me) a free ice tea with the meal.
    One day, we decided to just splurge and go to KFC, so we did, and we were totally disappointed with what we got. Even if it hadn't cost more, the food was AWFUL ! ! The pieces were small, there was no actual seasoning on the chicken like they used to be known for, and even the mashed potatoes were so awful that my huband didn't eat them (and he loves mashed potatoes).
    You can bet that we will NOT be spending any more of our money at KFC, it will be Bojangles for us. When we go to Lowes, there is a Popeyes near there, and they have th buffet lunch, so we usually stop and have the senior's buffet when we are in that area, but we are not close to it, so it is much closer and easier to go to Bojangles.

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have kfc here in the Philippines and I'd say that they have the best gravy. In fact, some of my nephews buy kfc only for the gravy. It is my brother's favorite chicken and in all occasions or simple gatherings, he always arrive with a bucket or 2 or kfc chicken. We also sometimes experience those small chicken pieces and that's because of either 2 factors - 1) lack of supply or 2) supply had increased prices. Instead of a price increase, kfc resorts to smaller pieces of chicken. And when the cost of supply stabilizes, the size of cuts are back to normal.

9. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I love KFC, but I think their chicken has gotten smaller here in Ohio as well. I'm sure this is to reduce cost, but I hope the real reason is they are utilizing chicken that they don't feed steroids or hormones in order to get them bigger in a shorter amount of time. I think KFC's sides are extremely expensive for what you get, particularly so if you order extras or order them not as a part of a meal package. I do get KFC coupons in the ad circulars about once a month and some of their coupons are pretty good. They usually come in a small booklet so they are easy to miss sometimes, but there is usually one or two coupons that is a fairly good value.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't live close to a KFC so I can't vouch for the size of their chicken pieces. However, I will say in general we seem to be in an inflationary cycle where we are paying more for smaller goods. I think that it would not suprize me in the least if the chicken pieces are smaller now. I would say par for the course.

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is different here - or hit and miss might be a better terms for it. I don't have KFC often, but when I do have it these days, they never seem to put enough sauce on the burgers. They are always too dry, even though I like dry chicken verses veiny or slimy chicken. The Twister Wraps have been awful lately. I am always paranoid that the staff in the back have ejaculated onto it and spread it in with the sauce.

12. Lushlala

Threads:
    Hehe @DreekLass@DreekLass....you're funny LOL With that mental image, I'll most probably now be even more repulsed hehe. I'm not actually surprised by your assessment, because I've also noticed they can be hit and miss like that. They go one way or the other, but definitely mine in the Lancashire area seem to like piling on the sauce. To be honest, I don't even know why I bother anymore, because I much prefer other fast food options like McDonalds, Frankies and Bennys and Nandos if I have to absolutely have to fix my cravings. Oh I know why, my husband still likes it!

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    LOL. You might be laughing, but I am frighteningly serious, and it is a real concern for me. Whenever I buy the Twister, and the sauce tastes funny, I have to throw the rest away : / Well I can imagine that too much sauce would also be awful. What did you do to remedy it, put some of the sauce in the bin? I had Frankies and Bennys once, but was not at all impressed with it because it is supposed to be some big New York diner type establishment.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's quite a common scenario. The burgers n McDonald's also have shrunk, and their patties have become so thin that it's not even deserving to be called "Big Mac", lol! That's why I'm now hesitant to buy their burgers.

15. TheOptical

TheOpticalNew Member

Threads:
    I hate my local KFC with a burning passion! There have been many rumours about rats in buckets and so on, but I find the food to be gross. Last time I ordered, i asked for a box meal, corn on the cob and a Pepsi. They didn't give me my corn and the chicken in the box meal. That was the last time I went (about 3 months ago).

Every other one I went to has been lovely, but my local is gross.

Sorry for complaining, carry on!

16. Lushlala

Threads:
    Hehe yes, I simply scraped it off and chucked it in the bin, really GROSS LOL -and that's really saying something, because as my husband will tell you, I like my condiments!! Oh, in as much as I don't mind Frankies and Bennys, I admit it too can be hit and miss. But so far I've not had any hygiene issues there, thank God :)

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    Well I have only been to Frankies and Bennys one time, and it was a lovely atmosphere, I must admit. And my sister had pumped me up about how nice the style of food was there. I was not at all impressed. I don't like burgers with gristle in them when I bite into them. I am the same with all the meat I eat. There was lots in my Frankies and Benny burger. I don't think I will return, unless I choose something else from the menu.

18. Lushlala

Threads:
    I totally agree, the atmosphere in there's lovely. But beyond that, the food isn't all that great, to be honest. It's very sub-standard. Or maybe people had hyped it up so much that by the time I got to taste I was left decidedly underwhelmed. I never frequented it, and when we come back to visit friends and family in England, it won't be top of my list of places to eat at, for sure LOL

19. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    A KFC restaurant was opened not far away from my place. I never tried their food before. So, at first I used to like it. But then I got sick of it. It's not usually hot or warm enough. Sometimes it's way too salty. The more people are in the room, the less tasty the food will be, as their cooks rush on the preparation.

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    The only reason they were so popular, or are so popular over here right now is because it is being marketed as this Italian New York diner type food, which we aren't at all used to. There are people in my circle of friends who spend lots of money there, and don't really enjoy the food - they just like eating in such an enviroment. Next time you go, you should try a different dish.