Kfc

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by tasha • May 9, 2016.

1. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my goodness I haven't been to a KFC in forever! I don't really like fried chicken, but I enjoy going to Church's for the mashed potatoes and biscuits. Unfortunately, the only Church's close to where I live got shut down so all I have nearby is Popeye's. I think I've honestly only been there once and I don't even remember the experience. Perhaps you should try a different fried chicken joint. Personally, I love Raising Caine's for chicken strips. Those are really good!

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not the biggest fan of friend chicken either. Plus, recently my sister got a recipe for making fried chicken using rice Krispies, and it tastes SOOOO much better than KFC chicken. KFC is quite expensive too, and if you just make this chicken yourself, not only are you saving money due to the fact that you don't need to buy much ingredients to make them yourself, but you have more control over what is entering your body.

3. juulicob

juulicobNew Member

Threads:
    I barely ever eat fast food anymore. Only once in a long while, if I'm starving and there's literally nothing else around (road trips, lost somewhere, hurrying between errands etc). However, when I was a kid I remember my parents bringing home the iconic buckets of fried chicken from KFC a few times a year. I mean, I was never totally impressed as a kid because it was so greasy in my opinion. I just loved chicken, in any way! I haven't thought about KFC in so long, even though there are plenty of stores around here.

4. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    Their wings are such a waste. Especially those that are spicy. I don't recommend you ever try them. Moreover, they use a lot of fat when preparing them. Not a good thing. Certainly it all won't help you stay healthy and fit.

5. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I buy my fried chicken combos at local Arturo's. Never tried stuff from KFC before, but I found amusing to buy KFC chicken buckets, maybe someday. I'm a fan of fried chicken!.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I liked kfc when they first opened...was tasty, a good bargain, but I too noticed food shrinkage too, so I go to Safeway's $5 Friday's and get my Signature $5 a pd. chicken tenders-I love it! Just this year a Chinese food order and buy place opened in the supermarket I go to all the time, called Times Supermarket. I can buy a quarter pound of roast pork which is $3 and be satisfied with it-love the deli style buying of Chinese food! I've not tried Popeye's yet. Not a fan of chicken nuggets.

7. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I find KFC products disappointing. Often the chicken tastes over salted and tastes as if the grease has not been changed recently. And I find myself feeling that I overpay for what I order. Shame. KFC used to have such a good reputation when I was growing up.

8. jonthai

jonthaiMember

Threads:
    I don't think KFC is that bad.Maybe it was just a flaw on their system. Personally, everything that I buy in the KFC is is good condition. I'm not going to say it's the best food I've ever had,but it's eatable.It really depends on who is managing the KFC, because of the kitchen conditions, food conditions etc.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    KFC has been going down for awhile and they are getting worse! I ordered 3 sides from there just 3 sides and it costed me over 12 bucks. I stopped buying chicken there due to their increasing prices. I can go to popeyes and can get a 16 piece family meal for 25 bucks that's with biscuits, 16 pieces of full sized chickens, and two large sides. If I tried to get that from KFC I'd be looking at over 30 bucks and for little pieces of chicken, I have even found when I order a 16 piece I'll get home and only have 11 pieces. In my opinion if they don't lower their prices they will shut down, cause there are cheaper chicken places and I happen to like the Popeye's Chicken more than KFC.

10. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    oh we don't have a popeyes here but it sounds like its good value compared to KFC. The chicken here is getting smaller and the food is lacking taste at KFC.

11. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    There are not many international food chains in my home country. However, we have KFC in the town. Interestingly, I have never been there. Believe be I have never eaten any of the KFC's food including chicken fried. It has been almost five years since KFC opened, but I am yet to visit the restaurant or eat the food.

12. Noreht

NorehtMember

Threads:
    I have frequently gone to KFC where they have gotten my order wrong completely or simply forgot to add, especially, my mini loaf. I have endeavoured not go to KFC anymore. My fiancee now cooks breaded chicken for us. Not only is it cheaper, but since she does it in the oven and does not deep fry it, it is a lot healthier as well.

13. iRoxas

iRoxasNew Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to KFC in a while, so I don't really know if the sizes have shrunk or not, but I really hope they haven't. I don't have much money lol, and if I'm paying more than average for some chicken, I expect them to give me the value of the chicken.

14. Noreht

NorehtMember

Threads:
    I pay less than a dollar a pound for chicken at the moment so I really can't see the benefit of paying KFC to kill me with oil and fat. Before you guys think that I am buying lower grade chicken, it actually costs about $1,50 per pound in a normal grocery store here in South Africa. I also buy in bulk from a supplier through a school hostel where I have a contact. We buy about 20 pounds worth every month.

15. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I feel tou. I saw their ads on TV and had me hungry. Went to their place and looked for aomething to eat. I am not a big fan of KFC so I am not really familiar with the menu. I bought 2 pieces of chicken with rice and a large drink to go. When I got home, opened the box, and saw two small pieces of fried something. O can not even tell if it is chicken.

16. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do observe something like that at times. It's like it depends on the branch of KFC you visited. One weekend I went to one of the KFC outlet in my city ordered for Chicken Royal with no spicy. I liked the food when it was served the chicken was fine big,the fries and condiments looked good. After that on another occasion I visited another of their branch still in my locality I was surprised the chicken I was served was just so small that I regretted going to that outlet.

17. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I really do enjoy eating KFC but what I don't agree with is that most combos only come with a small nonrefillable drink. I would sort of understand if it were a kid's meal but these are adult oil packed foods. A small drink isn't even enough for half the meal either.

18. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I am actually a big fan of KFC. Here where I live the portions and sizes seem regular to me but the prices sure went a bit up. Although I really like it I rarely go unless there is some kind of promotion. It has been months now and looking forward to returning sometime soon.

19. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, I don't know why but KFC in the Caribbean countries taste so much better than American KFC. It's apparently due to the fact that one artificially grows their chicken while the other is natural. Overall, the older I get is the less I like KFC. These days I will only eat the leg part of the chicken.

20. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I have mixed opinions about KFC to be honest, and a few years ago it did used to be pretty good value for money but these days I'm not sure it is. The food doesn't seem as well made, the portions are smaller and the prices are more expensive than most other fast food outlets so it's now a place I only go on the odd occasions if at all.

One theory for this could be that KFC wanted to try and get away from competing with the 'fast food' chains such as Burger King and McDonald's, as if they thought they was better than what they actually are. The problem is though they aren't, and no matter what re-branding they do or what new menu's they try and put in place, they will always be placed in the same category as the others and that's now left them stuck in limbo. They have lost a lot of the fast food customers, but their food and service isn't good enough to be classed as a restaurant as such either.