Kfc

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by tasha • May 9, 2016.

1. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not really sure if that's the case. I've experienced this as well when I've purchased their Double Down. I guess it has something to do with the oil, because I can see a lot of them dripping from the paper and when I went home to eat it, it had shrunk already. One of my friends who worked with a fast food company mentioned that most chickens nowadays are being injected with liquids to make them look more bigger and heavier. Chickens also are being flash fried frozen so expect that after frying them, juices are still intact which makes them look plump but give it time and you'll see juices dripping. KFC is has good breading to keep juices from going out of the chicken.

2. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    The debate about the quality of food in all fast food places as been around for a number of years now, and while a lot of people are complaining, every time you walk past one of the restaurants they are always full so the quality of food can't be all that bad. There are more and more franchises opening up, especially here in the UK and nearly every new building you see being built is opening as a KFC, McDonald's or a Burger King so people are obviously still eating in them.

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes definitely. A lot of times I feel that my money isn't worth the food that I bought. It can be because of the quantity or the quality of food. The thing I hate most is their false advertisement, that's why I can't help but to compare the real product to the picture advertised and ask if it is the same item. Of course, they'll say yes and just ignore your complaint but there are also fast food chains or restaurants wherein they still have good customer service and they will provide you the best quality of food and service as possible.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is one that I just cannot do. I am not really a fast food person to begin with, but I can see the whole burgers and fries thing. Chicken though, that seems to me like something that should be cooked well. Maybe it is just me, but I am just weary of places like this.

5. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    Oh great, and I was just thinking about trying out KFC for some BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, and salad. I figured this sounded healthy. I don't go there too often, in fact, I haven't been there in years. But if their chicken is looking not-so-good and "smaller" in general as you've said, I think I'll pass.

We have Boston Markets around here, and their food is always high-quality and great-tasting. They put the food you choose right on your plate in front of you, so you know exactly what kind of and how much food you are actually getting. Plus, their food is known for being more on the healthy side, which is exactly what I've been looking for. Just wish I had one closer to my house...

Attached Files:

6. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    The difference between the picture on the board or the advert and what you actually get served is something that annoys me as well and I find that in fast food places especially it's a big problem with KFC and McDonald's being the worst. When you look at the picture and then look at what you've just been served it always looks like they have dropped and stood on your's before they have given it to you and while you don't mind paying $5 for something that looks like it does on the picture, paying $5 for what you actually get always feels to me that I've been ripped off!

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Hahaha :D You're absolutely correct! Speaking, I was at a fast food chain a while back and I bought a chocolate float (chocolate drink with sundae on top) for my baby brother. When my brother drink it, it only took 1 sip for him to make his drink half, and I checked on it and I thought I just bought a glass of ice. So I went at the counter and ask why the drink is mostly ice that it will only take 2 sips for a child to finish it. They said that it's their standard and they are just following rules. But I insist that I've been ordering that drink plenty of times with different branches and it wasn't like that.

In the end they give me a new drink with less ice. At least I was able to complain since I know that they are wrong. It does not really matter how much it costs, as long as they provide the right product similar to what they advertise then it won't be a problem.

8. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I think that's the main thing for me when it comes to fast food. We know that it's not the most nutritious food out there but it's tasty, quick and relatively cheap and that's probably why 95% of the customers go there. The fact they then try and give us inferior products as well is pushing it a bit and when you complain they look at you as if you're the one in the wrong.

Also when you ask for extra dips and they look at you as if the cost is directly coming out of their own wages! Just put an handful in the bag in the first place, don't give me one and then make me beg for an extra one!

9. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    My son loves KFC crispy fried chicken and the bottomless gravy it comes with. I noticed that chicken sizes vary from store to store so we have this favorite outlet where the available parts can be viewed from the counter and where we can tell the service crew which part we'd like. If they have smaller parts on display, we don't order the chicken and opt for the chicken fillet instead which is cheaper. There is a local franchise which is selling chicken at even smaller pieces that are mostly leg parts with limited gravy so KFC stands outs compared to this popular store. If it's entirely up to me, I'd prefer to go to this chain selling grilled chicken with unlimited rice at a slightly higher price than fastfood chains.

10. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I never believed that KFC was worth a meal. As I always found their portions too small and costly to feel a tummy optimally.

I tried them once and I guess that was enough.

11. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    @Decentlady@Decentlady I'd suggest that you try them again then, because the portions and the meal deals that they have are certainly more than enough to fill me and my family and friends when we go these days. In the past, as a lot of these kind of food places did, they tended to try and save money by making the portions smaller but soon worked out it was false economy because less people started going.

I'm not saying that a KFC id going to fill you up as much as a 3 course meal obviously, but for a fast food 'quick meal' you do get value for money these days more than ever before.

#51Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  12. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    @tasha@tasha This was noticeable for me too. I don't often have KFC and I used to work for them in my younger years too. Still, I have noticed that the chicken pieces look smaller than they used to.

I think they are using smaller chickens which are cheaper for them to buy rather than bigger ones that would be more expensive. If they had carried on with the larger portions then the price would have to have gone up considerably more than it has already.

#52May 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  13. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have had good experiences ordering food from my local KFC food outlet. Of all the foreign food restaurants I have patronized I can say KFC have served me better. One I understand and have a good knowledge of what I am eating especially the meat which is simply chicken. In terms of price, ordering from the restaurant is cheaper and the food served is much. Many times I go for Chicken Royal with spicy for less than $3 it's much and satisfying. Try it!

14. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    The quality of their chicken seems to have gone down drastically recently. It doesn't help that the staff over there aren't very friendly either. It's as if they have been forced to work their as slaves. I think the new meals they come up with are pretty good though, the burritos and the rice meal seems to be decent. It seems to me that they are trying to become a restaurant for anything and going away from the chicken side which is bad.