Kids and Computers

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by dorothymoreno • Apr 13, 2013.

1. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    My daughter, which is 7 now has been using the computer since she was about 5. She really loves to play the games on there, mainly the educational ones and some just regular games for kids. Sometimes she will look up her favorite songs on utube ,and she also likes writing and practicing her school work online. There are so many sites that kids can learn with online. She has really learned a lot and, she loves her computer. She usually spends maybe an hour to an hour and half on her computer. I am also there with her when she is on her computer doing other things and helping her if she needs help, which isn't very often, lol. She loves sites like ABC learning, and the good thing about it is she is having fun and learning.

In any case I was just wondering,how many of you allow your kids to play games or go to learning sites etc., online? How many of you have bought a computer, tablet etc. for you kids?

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I started playing computer games when I was about 7 years old. I usually played 3 hours straight during vacation. I think letting a child play computer games could take the load off parents to watch out for their kid for a while. While your child is playing computer games, you could do other chores in the house.

I was addicted to computer games ever since I was in grade school but that also did not prevent me from studying well. It just depends on the parent on how he or she would motivate the child. Also, don't forget to have your child do some physical activities every now and then.

3. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:

I have to say I do not have any children, but I have nephews and a little sister who is now 10. I can say I have never had an issue with the children being on the Computer as long as it is monitored. My step mother wanted to get my little sister a Netbook and when I heard this I was like, "Are you Crazy?" Now, I said this because I feel, that if you already have a computer at home, allow them to use that and show you that they can take care of it, two if you get them their own PC, you are giving them more power to look up information when you are not around(unless you put blocks on the pc), the other reason it feels like they are just to young. I would offer them their own PC when they get into Highschool and still have blocks on certain sites. I feel that the first computer a child should have is something like the Leap Frog or Vtech Computers that way you know they are learning and having fun with no worries or hesitation. Now they have some where you can download certain apps with Internet on those.

4. Anthony33

Anthony33New Member

Threads:
    The best kids computer is a gaming computer which have the latest gaming graphic card and 3D card because kids are like to play games on computer so i think this type of computer is best for them to play the games every time and this is not expire soon .......

5. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have any kids but I do have 3 year old niece and she plays a lot on the computer. She likes to play Disney junior games and y8. If she got bored, she watches on youtube. Her favorites are Mother Goose Club, Barney, Pocoyo, Pororo and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

But her father, my brother, doesnt like her exposing herself on the monitor for long hours which is a good thing considering she's just 3, but my niece just have tantrums and become like the Incredible Hulk when you take her away from the PC.

#5May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
  6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't have any kids, but I had my niece playing on my computer when she was around 3 or 4 years old. I wanted her to get used to computers. She mostly played with the Paint program. Now, she uses the computer to watch Youtube, play kid games and do her homework. She was an expert computer user before she was 5 years old.