Kindle App

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Ke Gordon • Jan 23, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just read about an app you can put on Kindle that will make you money. It is by the Neilsen company and is supposed to be worth about 50 dollars per month??? I think...although they call them points. Basically you download onto the kindle and use it as normal and are rewarded for keeping their app active. I signed up, so I will let you know how it goes.

2. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Can they run in the background while you are reading books, or should you let their app run on your screen? If it's the latter then it may not be worth it considering the Kindle is mainly used for ebook reading. However, if they allow you to use your Kindle without normally then it's worth trying because it basically rewards you for doing something that you are normally doing. Let me know what happens 'kay? :)

3. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    Modern kindles are used for a lot more than reading books, in fact, I rarely read books on mine. I spend most of my time on it playing games and watching videos. They are close to a small iPad, but regardless, they say this app just runs in the background while you do your normal activities. So, I say it is worth a shot!

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is it something that can be downloaded on other tablets as well, or just the Kindle? Nielsen is a trusted company. I tried signing up to be on their panel, but they weren't looking for my demographics, so it didn't work out. Is the app you're talking about related to that panel, or is it something else? I would be willing to do something like that with my tablet, that's a decent amount of money, especially for doing nothing, and especially if it's from a trusted company such as Nielsen.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh that sounds fantastic, @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon...thanks for sharing :) I have a Kindle Fire that I use solely for buying and reading eBooks on, so it'd be interesting to see how this app pans out. Fingers crossed it's worth it, can't wait to hear your feedback. I wonder what they're looking to achieve with this exercise, and just hope it won't be a drain on the battery, or slow down the Kindle's performance. Do you know how long they want to run it for?

6. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    Well, this app is specifically for the kindle, but they may have other apps suitable for tablets and such. Now, I am having trouble using the app on kindle, and I don't think I am alone, as others have mentioned it. It is a long story...but I can;t get help with it. You could try it though because it might work for you. It doesn't seem to let me sign in. I will keep trying to get an answer from Neilsen though.

7. Lushlala

Threads:
    Thanks so much for the feedback, @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon.....much appreciated :) That's a real shame. I think I'll hang fire, until I know for sure that these teething problems have been ironed out. I just hope they do it sooner rather than later, though!

8. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have done this on my phone before and I got paid a few times. I don't remember how long I had in on there because I would always forget about it until they emailed me to tell me that I had points to redeem. It was an easy way to make some money and they are a trusted company that has been around for a long time.That was one of the reasons that I downloaded their app.

9. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really want to get a stand alone Kindle, because space is limited on my tablet, and so I'm always deleting content to make room for other apps/books, etc. If I do that, I'll definitely check out this Nielsen app. I looked and there is one for Android, but a lot of people have commented that they are no longer accepting applicants, and with my demographics, being accepted isn't likely. I did apply for their panel and wasn't accepted for that reason. I wouldn't mind having something like this running in the background, though, so am interested in it for the future.

10. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I might download this app when i get my own kindle device. At the moment, the only Kindle i have is an app that i use in reading ebooks from my iPhone. This sounds interesting! Thank you for sharing!

11. Lushlala

Threads:
    Thanks for letting us know, @morgoodie@morgoodie :) It's great to get feedback from someone who's been there and done it. I know Nielsen is a reputable and well known company, but I'm always a little hesitant when it comes to apps you download and install onto my electronic devices, regardless of the company. I've got a YouGov app running on my laptop, and that seems to be fine. So I'm definitely watching this thread to see how everyone is getting on :)