Kindle With Special Offers

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Diane Lane • Feb 7, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have the money for one yet, but I've been looking around at Kindles. I have a few in my Amazon Wish List, so I get notifications of new products, and sales. What I noticed recently is that some of them come with Special Offers, and others don't. The confusing part to me is that Special Offers seems to be a euphemism for advertisements, yet the Kindles with Special Offers cost more than those without Special Offers.

In reading a review on the subject, it seems that Special Offers provides users with deals on books and music, as well as coupons for other items, such as clothing. Does anyone have experience with Special Offers? If so, what do you think? If you had it to do over again, would you pay extra for that feature? Do you find it useful?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Gee, to be honest I don't know if mine had special offers or not. I had prime when I first got the kindle so I am not sure. One thing I do have a 6 month free subscription to the Washington Post, as well as Amazon Underground wtih the free apps. They are always advertising something on it they want me to buy..but sometimes it might just be a free game or something.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't mind getting a free newspaper or magazine subscription with it, as long as it's sometimes I'm interested in reading @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon. What is Amazon Underground? I don't think I've heard of that before, is it a program that tells you about special deals on apps that Amazon is running? I wouldn't mind learning about some deals, but I think having to scroll through or swipe away deals could get irritating, especially if I had to pay more to get them. I don't have a lot of money, so it would probably bother me more now than when I had money and would have been able to take advantage of the savings.