King Cake (Bolo Rei) or other Christmas sweets

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Peninha • Dec 23, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In Christmas time it's mandatory to talk about the King Cake (Bolo REI in Portuguese). It's the traditional Christmas cake in my country and I am wondering if it's also traditional where you live? If it's not, what sweets do you have for Christmas? Do you care do post here some pictures of them? :) Merry Xmas!

805da20b58c05ce8049f86cc44f052b3.

Attached Files:

2. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    King cakes aren't real popular in the Southern part of the U.S. during Christmas. I am not really sure about the north though. New Orleans has the king cake as the principle sweet during Mardi Gras which is the day before Ash Wednsday hence 40 days before Easter.

Our major Christmas sweet would probably be the "fruit cake." Some people, like myself, actually eat them because they're great. They are full of all kinds of fruit and nuts and the best ones are soaked in rum for a couple of weeks. Most people though, when they get one, give it to someone else as a gift. Then, the person getting it normally gives it to someone else and the beat goes on.

#2Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Interesting to know that they exist as well in the US, I didn't know that. Here it's insane, in Christmas time they are sold by the thousands, every single person gets one and they are very very good, I love them. :) We also have the Queen cake lol that has only dried fruits.