Kitchen Sets Or Single Utensils?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by tallulah • Jul 18, 2017.

1. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Do you buy kitchen utensils as a set or do you just pick up single items? I always buy them as a set, which basically means every plate, spoon or cup in my kitchen has a lookalike cousin or brother or mother. In my opinion, it is cheaper to have a set of kitchen tools and the colour coordination and organized arrangement does wonder to a dinner table :)

How do you make your kitchen utensil purchase? As a set or just buy as needed?

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well since I'm part of a family, I noticed that my parents buy the set ones. Now if I will be living alone, then of course I would just buy the individual plates and utensils. It makes no sense to buy a set when I live all by myself.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't entertain so single purchases as needed is all we've done all our lives. Utensils does need replacements once in a while, so I look for the cheapest I can find. I tend to shop at places like Walmart or Don Quiote for them too. I don't see utensils on sale ever. I window shop for prices to get the cheapest utensils.

4. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    We do not shop that way. We do have dinner sets but they do not match with kitchen utensils which are mostly stainless steel. Same goes for cups and glasses. We have different brands. We replace them as and when the need arises.