Kitchenaid Stand Mixers Are Amazing

Discussion in Product Reviews started by deecee • Apr 30, 2012.

1. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    This thread is making me laugh! Why? Becuase I don't do a lot of baking, but we are at my dad's house for the week and I had hte urge to bake cookies. My step-mom doesn't have a hand mixer, all she has is her trusty kitchen-aid so I used it. It's the first time I've ever used to the king of all mixers and I have to say it was a nice mixer! And the cookies turned out great :)

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I received my stand mixer this last Christmas after a year of (not that subtle) hinting around to my husband. I can not even begin to tell you how much I love that thing. I use it to make desserts of all kind, mashed potatoes, pizza dough and I even use it to shred chicken. I plan on using it til I can't use it anymore (which should be years and year from now). KitchenAid really has the market cornered as far as stand mixers go. I will gladly recommend it to anyone that's looking for one.

3. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I now use my mom's old Kitchen Aid. She has purchased at least three over these last 30 years. It is the best for mixing dough. I have even made gingerbread. However, I used just a bit too much ginger. Maybe I should have used more sugar.
    I love having my hands free to do other things. Whenever I use the hand held mixed, I only seem to use it for box cakes nowadays.

4. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    We were able to get one from Sears (... I know) as a clearance special the other day. Never had anything like it before, but my wife is on a rampage with it for baking all sorts of things as of late. Maybe in that respect, I'm not sure it's a good thing because of the carb overload, haha.

That said, I'd recommend anyone that enjoys baking to certainly go out and grab it, especially when it comes on sale. I've seen some great prices for it from time to time, but never pounced on it until recently.

5. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I agree! The Kitchen-aide stand mixer is a very good tool to have in the kitchen. I have seen other brand names that try to mimic the functions but so far, all of my friends and family prefer this one. It is nice because you can add your ingredients as it stirs making everything come out evenly - depending on your oven type of course.

6. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    This is a product that is definitely on my wishlist. I have heard so many great reviews and uses for it. Right now though, I don't have the storage space for one nor the counter space to use it. One day, I hope I will!

7. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I have limited counter space in our apartment too but I gladly made room for the mixer. I hope it gets off your wishlist and into your kitchen one day!

8. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    Jessi, LOL! Love the warning label.

I have a stand mixer and I love it. It has made my life much easier! I bake quite often so it really saves me a lot of time and energy. Now that I've read these replies I really want to get the meat grinder attachment. It would be fun to play around with.