Kmart Is A Nightmare

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ACSAPA • Jan 25, 2016.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have gone back and forth between moments of liking Kmart and cursing their ineptitude. Right now I'm frustrated with them again and seeing tons of complaints similar to mine on their Facebook page. They cancel online store pickup orders for being "out of stock" when there are 24 of the item on the sales floor because an associate was too lazy to pull the item and take it to the store pickup area. After cancelling the order, they didn't refund the money to the debit card I used to place the order but instead sent a plastic gift card to one of my old mailing addresses on file where someone else lives now. If you have to return an online order , you can't just take it to the store and get a refund like Wal-Mart does. You have to mail it in and wait weeks for a refund , minus the shipping charges that they expect to be compensated for. The cash registers are old and beige and crash in the middle of checkout. When you do a store pickup, you have to sign an old fashioned sign out book, it's not computerized like Wal-Mart. When you try to use the restroom, it's a gamble whether they'll have soap or toilet paper. I guess I'm quitting shopping at Kmart, again.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Kmart is not store I go into often and after your review of your recent visit I don't think I will be going into the store at all. The local Kmart is not at all convenient for me to get to and the few times I have gone there I have always been fed up with how slow the checkout process has always been.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't been in a Kmart in a couple of years. It has never interested me much as a store, and there is not one close to my home in the first place. Kmart has never impressed me and I think they have gone downhill in recent years even from what they were in the past. I don't even know when the last time I bought something there was. I just think their heyday was the 1970s. I also hear they are closing several of their stores.

4. Gavin

GavinMember

Threads:
    I have no idea how this store is still in business. I went to one looking for a deal that they had in their ad and felt like they were using the bait and switch method on me. They were selling furniture for outdoors at a steep discount. When I got there, there was only several that were available and they were all gone but they had another set for a couple hundred more. I asked about taking a rain check, or store delivery or even checking stock from another store. Nothing but I had the more expensive set pushed on me several times. Not to mention the stores around here are dirty and often laid out in a way that makes it hard to shop (at least I feel like.)

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to wonder who is running these stores. Do they not realize that customers are their bread and butter, and that if we're unhappy, we will go elsewhere? Maybe it's a sort of corporate sense of entitlement, wherein they assume that because people have shopped there in the past, they will feel some sense of loyalty (which usually isn't returned), and continue to shop there, despite poor customer service, stock, and quality.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I normally shop at Wal-Mart because it's close by, but I went through a phase of going to Kmart because a store with no customers means no lines, so it was very quick and easy to check out. They also have cute towels and home stuff, but it's not worth the aggravation so I'm out. Also their prices on some items are too high. You cannot buy any medicine or cough syrup for less than $10 at Kmart. That's ridiculous.

7. Gavin

GavinMember

Threads:
    I'm not sure how much longer the one will be around here. they are going to have to clean up their store and get some better deals going or else they are going to be swallowed up eventually. There's a lot of stores around us that I go to and I pass by that KMart all the time to go to them. When they do finally close, I guess I'll update this.

8. Summertime

SummertimeNew Member

Threads:
    For me, my experience has always been relatively fine shopping at Kmart. I never noticed the checkout process being slow, but maybe I just didn't care all that much, or I wasn't in a hurry, which everybody seems to be in these days. Plus, I like the feel of Kmart - relaxed and clean, but comfy too. I hope I'm not sounding like an old person here either, I'm 20 hahahaha XD

9. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    There are only 2 kmarts around where I live. One is so-so, but the other is very bad. I was looking around and found a jar of apple sauce from 2009. I am not even kidding. It was funny colored so I picked it up wondering what it was. I brought it to the service people's attention and they took it from me. It may have been an accident, I don't know. But do they not restock? How does that even happen?

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We just recently heard that two of the K-Marts in our area will be closing next month. I agree, many of their stores have really gone downhill over the past couple decades. But I also have a soft spot for the stores as well, because we used to shop at them all the time in the 70's and 80's - when they were in much better condition and much more frequented by customers.

I loved getting ice cream at their deli/ice cream stand towards the front of the store, then heading over to their in store arcade and playing video games while my parents shopped. Sometimes my folks would take us to the restaurant they had in the back of the store - I would always get one of their cheeseburgers and a slice of pie. Halloween was also a favorite time of year, because I loved checking out all the cool masks and costumes in their Halloween aisles.

I think the only remaining K-Mart in our area will be the "Super K" which is kind of like a Wal-Mart in that it has a whole grocery section in it as well as a bakery. I actually used to shop there a lot when lived near it since it was less crowded than Wal-Mart and the other grocery stores, and I wouldn't have to wait as long in line.

11. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    Your Kmart sounds horrible. I know Kmart isn't exactly the most fancy store in the world but still. I didn't know you couldn't return online orders to a physical store. That truly is a waste of time and money to ship it back. Plus they are a multimillion company and they want to be cheap with the shipping? Maybe they shouldn't offer this service to begin with if you can't get organized like other stores.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's not even all of it. If you find an item online and then find it in the store, they won't honor the online price because they say that their "no price matching" policy means that they don't even match their own online prices. It's like a bait and switch, where you find an item for one price online and then pay $30 more if you try to buy it in the store. I have been fighting to get a refund for a returned item that tracking says they received 10 days ago. They stopped replying to my messages. I see 203 complaints about Kmart on Ripoff Report.

13. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    Before the Kmart by my house closed, I would go there merely for the convenience of it being so close. Most times they didn't have what I needed. They never had cashiers and the ones they did have never knew what they were doing and were extremely slow. It is no wonder they went out of business where I live. I have never done any online shopping with them but I can understand your frustration with your situation. I would be unset with them too.

14. PennyPincher

PennyPincherMember

Threads:
    We have a local Kmart and I rarely shop there. Unfortunately, I do get my prescriptions filled at the pharmacy there. For several years, the pharmacy was great. I could get my medications filled in half the time compared to the other pharmacies in town. Now, that is not the case at all. If you call in for refills, they will tell you it will take about an hour. Go there after the hour is up and expect to wait up to 45 minutes more before your meds are ready.

15. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:

I rarely go into K-Mart anymore. The only time that I will visit is when there is a super duper, awesome sale. The store in my area is old and drab. I had walked through the store and I feel like I'm in a second hand store. It's not updated at all, like Walmart and Target. It's not clean and full of clutter. I am really surprise the store has not closed down. It's not like it use to be when I would visit during my teen years. It's like they have given up on caring.