Know of a phone with voice texting?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by Kaycee J • Apr 21, 2012.

1. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    I am looking for a phone that has the ability to convert spoken words into a text message. I have a family member with Parkinson's Disease, and texting is very difficult for him. I want something that has larger buttons - maybe not as large as those Jitterbug cell phones, though. Or maybe there is a smartphone out there with an app that does this. We have T-Mobile right now, but are thinking of going to a prepaid plan soon. Any ideas?

2. thiefraccoon

thiefraccoonNew Member

Threads:
    any android phone can do this.
    There are several apps that lets you txt with speech recognition. I can think of iris (siri backwards) and vlingo.

3. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I have a HTC Merge that has the option of voice texting. You can even voice email too. It is very easy to use. I use voice texting all the time since it is quicker to talk than it is to type. I have emailed quite a few times too by talking rather than typing. The HTC Merge has a slide keyboard too if you do prefer to text. It is very easy to set it up. I would recommend this. I believe that most androids have this too if you aren't a uS Cellular customer.

4. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Agreed. Most of the smartphone devices will be able to do this if they have ability to download apps. If you get an android, iphone or blackberry try downloading the vlingo app @

. I think its free for a trial period, and then it jumps to 19.99...I'm not sure of this so look into it further.

5. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I never really felt the need to jump into the smartphone world, but this might change my mind. I will look into these things.

6. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    Just to add on, I dont know about android. However people above said they can do it, so i believe so. The phone I know is the iPhone 4S, with Siri. The only thing with Voice Text is that it wont always get your words, or phrases right.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you have an android phone then you can download this application, it's free:

8. LucyDavid

LucyDavidNew Member

Threads:
    Seems Google Translate has the function of changing voice to text.

9. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    I thought it relied upon the carrier...the phone had nothing to do with this thing...i have a little knowledge of this so clarify anyone if i am wrong on this...

10. Lorigh

LorighNew Member

Threads:
    My new Nokia Lumia has voice texting.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I could have sworn my android could do it already, without downloading anything. Either way.. Android. But I would just hop over to a providers website and check out all the specs on each phone.

12. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    iPhones could also do voice texting. It's not that accurate though which is why I normally use the virtual keypad in typing the words that I want to say. Like what thiefraccoon said, Siri is a neat app that could send texts just by using your voice. It could also read your messages for you.

13. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    There are any note taking apps that allow you to speak and then it just tries to accurately type what you've said.
    After that I usually just copy and paste the information into the text message box.