Kohls

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by kinser • Apr 14, 2012.

1. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    Kohls is my go-to store for clothing and home accessories, and I almost always shop online. I keep a Kohls credit card specifically for periodic specials that offer up to 30 % off for Kohls charge card holders (you can always find a 30% off coupon code online even if you don't get one sent to you in the mail by Kohls). Additionally, there is almost always a "free shipping" coupon code available online (DontPayFull.com) during these times (I never pay for shipping -it's my cardinal online shopping rule). Obviously you must be able to pay the card off at the end of the month to maximize your savings, but I always get stuff for insanely cheap at Kohls. Check out the clearance section to stock up non-seasonal stuff that's reduced super-low!

#1Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  2. Zacko

ZackoExpert

Threads:
    My sister is in love with the place! I feel as though everything is slightly marked up in order to incite you into being forced to use those coupons, but it's all very high-quality products. Where exactly can you find the 30% off coupons, are you able to bring in a piece of paper with this months code on it or something?

Thanks for the info!

3. shanontherocks

shanontherocksNew Member

Threads:
    Kohl's is good quality, but it reminds me of JC Penney. I love JC Penney without a doubt. Kohl's will have to grow on me if JCP let's me down. But I will shop a good deal, no matter the store.

4. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I don't shop a lot at Kohl's but I love the clothes there, it's very comfortable and affordable. I also like style of clothing that can be found there compared to the other large stores (JC Penney, Macy's, etc). And you're definitely right, you can get some really good stuff in the clearance section. I also like the fact that they are constantly mailing coupons and gift cards to my house, it's a good way to get people to go there.

5. LisaC

LisaCNew Member

Threads:
    I love Kohl's too, the quality is very good & you can get great prices on sale items. I have also been very lucky finding some awesome deals on their clearance rack. I am very petite and I have a hard time finding clothes that fit usually but have great luck there!

6. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    About a week before these VIP sales start, they mail out catalogs with cards to all Kohls credit card holders - the cards indicate whether you get 15, 20, or 30% off. I have only been mailed one with the 30% off once. Therefore, if you want to use the discount while shopping in the store, you would need to get lucky enough to receive the 30% off card mailed specifically to you. However, the cards also contain coupon-codes for online shopping, and someone always posts the code with the biggest discount at online coupon sites (I used DontPayFull.com), so anyone can get the discount if they use the right code.

7. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I love to shop at Kohls! I love the sales that they have, they are the only place that I can find skirts in the juniors department that are not mini! I love their clearance section and the sales that they will put on top of the clearance. They also have a great shoe department!

8. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I love shopping at Kohl's. I can save a lot of money by shopping at Kohl's. You're right, there are a lot of coupons that come that are anywhere from 15 to 30 percent off. I never pay full price on anything at Kohl's. With these coupons, you usually need to use your Kohl's charge card on at least a portion of the total bill. To help save even more money, I purchase some of these items using one of my rewards Visa card and then a small amount on my Kohl's charge card. This makes both Kohl's and myself happy. What I really like is during some of these percentage days off, they also offer you a $10 cash back coupon which really helps save even more money. I love it when I see a deal and when I can save money.

9. Zacko

ZackoExpert

Threads:
    When you get the coupon on-line, can this only be used for on-line shopping, or can it be used in the store itself? My sister says she'll never buy any clothes and such on-line, as you're never certain about the quality, or if you'd truly like it.

Thanks so much!

10. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Kohls is fantastic! My mom works there so I am able to get her employee discount + use my 30 % coupon when I have one... very nice savings there! Kohl's 'misses' line is great for young women. There are many young designers such as Lauren Conrad and J.Lo as well as more sophisticated brands such as Daisy Fuentes and Vera Wang (love). I can always find something cute on clearance as well, and save even more money.

11. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I just discovered Kohl's at Christmas! I got my boyfriend some really nice boxers for over 50% off, and I got my mom a really nice gown and robe for over 50% off ridiculous prices. The sales were ridiculous. Do they do a lot of seasonal sales?

I do love the brands, but I have a friend who is plus sizes and doesn't like that they only go up to certain sizes.

12. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    I never used this store, but everyone seems so happy I might start. Can you use the coupons, cards and everything from your first order? I hope I can get some good deals like you guys. I ll write back

13. mrsalphabet

mrsalphabetMember

Threads:

I love Kohls too. They are very Canadian friendly, except for the fact that they don't shipt to Canada :( I love the fact that they let you use your card in the store and then immediately let you pay it off if you are Canadian. That makes it easer to hold a U.S. store credit card.

Also they are BY FAR the most organized and clean store during our Black Friday shopping trips!