Kroger Brand Tea Bags

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Diane Lane • May 20, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I drink a cup or two of coffee in the morning, then I drink water and hot (or tepid) tea all day. Because of that, I go through a lot of tea bags. Tea bags can get expensive, so I decided to try cutting back, by buying the Kroger brand of tea bags.

Ordinarily, I rave about the Kroger brand products, as well as their products under other labels, but I'm disappointed in the tea bags, and I won't buy them again. I tend to use my tea bags twice. I made a cup of tea, then gently strain the bag and set it aside for my next cup.

I rarely have had an issue with a bag breaking on me before trying this brand, but every tea bag in this package has come apart in my cup, so that I end up with a mouthful of tea particles. I don't have a problem with loose tea, but when I use loose tea, I put the leaves in an infuser. If during that process, one or two stray leaves get in the pot or my cup, they are larger pieces, not the tiny pieces of tea from these broken tea bags that seem to get caught in my throat. I'm disappointed, mainly because I love the other Kroger products, but will keep looking around for a reasonably priced alternative to the expensive teas.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hope you find an alternative to the Kroger tea bags that you are not happy with right now. I can understand, we drink alot of tea also, we usually get Lipton but recently I noticed the tea was not as strong as before and I noticed the tea bags are smaller, the box that has the gold foil wrap are smaller than the tea bags that come in the envelope but the price is not smaller.

3. Naturalbeauty92

Naturalbeauty92New Member

Threads:
    I also had a bad experience with Kroger tea bags. I think you should try the dollar store because they have huge sales on name brand tea. I think Kroger is a hit or miss store but I still love the store deals.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Naturalbeauty92@Naturalbeauty92 Have you seen decaffeinated tea bags at the dollar stores? The only one I really shop at out of all of them is Dollar Tree, and I never thought to look there. I don't like my tea super strong, which is one reason I usually make 2-3 cups from one bag, since I only let the bag steep in the water for a short time. I am concerned about the chemically decaffeinated teas, so I try to stick to those that state they're 'naturally' decaffeinated.

@Pat@Pat I sometimes buy Red Rose, but it's hard to find it these days where I shop, especially decaffeinated. There's another brand I buy sometimes that's about the same as Red Rose, but my mind is blank right now.

I'm definitely not purchasing more of the Kroger brand bags, because I'm using others I had on hand, and it's so much nicer knowing I won't be getting a mouthful of actual tea leaves/pieces.

5. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    My mom and I are both tea buffs. She uses a lot of store brand regular black tea bags. She likes Wal-mart's and Aldi's store brands the best. However, I like much more expensive tea. I love Harney and Sons brand, but it is so pricey that I can only buy it on special occasions. I actually started using loose leaf tea and a strainer most recently and it is extremely economic. I buy all my tea at a small shop in Pittsburgh, PA called Gryphon's Tea. They rock!

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never purchased the Kroger brand tea bags, but after this discussion, I don't think I am going to. This time of the year I am not drinking a lot of tea though. I usually make a peach ice tea that comes in a cannister. I only have green tea bags now. I do prefer black tea though. I have gotten most of mine recently at the Dollar Store, but I did splurge on some Lipton tea awhile back.