Kroger Community Rewards Program

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Diane Lane • Dec 2, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since it's the end of the year, I thought I'd mention Kroger's Community Rewards Program for those who shop there, but are unaware of the program. You can go to the site and choose a program you'd like to receive donations, and link it up with your card. Your buying behavior then counts as votes for that charity to receive money from Kroger.

I always sign up with a local animal rescue group, since they are always in need of funds and do great work. I adopted one of my kitties through them, and if I ever win the lottery, they will definitely benefit. Here's a

with more information about the program. The donations do not affect your discounts or coupons, they come from Kroger, not your budget, but they are influenced by your purchases.

If you don't have a Kroger near you, don't fret, you can check to see if your local grocery store has a similar program. The article mentions Safeway, so they definitely have this type of program.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I belong to that community. They just sent me a survey recently. I think the incentive was a chance at a 25 dollar gift card. I didn't know you had the chance to donate to their community fund or that they did good works in the community. That is good to know actually. I do go to Kroger's sometimes..I used to like them alot, but they have been soewhat eclipsed in my heart by Wegman's which is a much sexier store.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard of Wegman's, but have never been to one. They don't seem to have a presence here where I live. What is it about them that makes them sexier? Newer and brighter stores? Better prices? It seems other stores have similar programs to the one Kroger has, so perhaps Wegman's has one that you can sign up for, since you prefer them. I noticed that the charity I chose is also associated with other shops and sites, so I'm going to look into how I can help them through those means.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Anytime that I can get deals on groceries and food items I am a much happier person. I like discounts and deals on everything do not get me wrong, but I just feel like these are the real items that you want to save on.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well Wegman's is primarily located in the Northeast they are moving southward however. We have a few now in Virginia. It is the best grocery in the US as rated by users. It is not really a grocery store as much as an experience. They carry a large selection, have great prices on staples..and just have high quality prepared foods and just about everything you might desire.