Kroger Fuel Program (aka Kroger Gas)

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Diane Lane • Feb 7, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I shop at Kroger a lot, and always use my loyalty card, so I do accumulate gas points. My local Kroger doesn't have a gas station attached, although there is a larger Kroger in the next town over, where I did use my points one time. I'm not exactly sure how the program works, but it's been around for years, so it must be successful. It seems the prices at the Kroger station are still higher, even with the discount, than what I usually pay at my local Valero or Murphy's gas stations. Does anyone frequent the Kroger gas stations, and do you find that you actually save a lot of money, enough to make it worth going out of my way to fill up there?

Note: I found out recently that the points can be used at my local Shell gas station, but I'm not sure if that's just because my local Kroger doesn't have a gas station, or if they're able to be used at all Shells...does anyone know?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used the gas stations at Kroger once in a while. The price is a bit cheaper than the surrounding areas and I think the maximum discount is maybe 3 cents off a gallon, but I could be wrong about that. Some of the nearby stations also allow you to use yoiur Kroger card for cents off...so it is probably worth it.

3. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I take advantage of my Kroger Plus card at their station as well. Gas has always been cheaper than other stations in my area. I feel I save more on a fill-up if I go before reaching the half tank mark. It helps to the my family uses my Plus card so the points add up and sometimes I get 10 cents off each gallon.

I haven't heard of other fueling stations accepting the Kroger Plus card before. I guess if they can get the business it would be to their advantage as well. That's always a good thing. I do wonder though if they have to have permission found Kroger to do that. Maybe Kroger gives a reimbursement of some type to the owners.

Good OP.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, Mrs. Jones, thanks I wasn't sure what the maximum cents off was per gallon. I don't really utilize that program too often..because the Kroger that I most frequently go to is just in the process of getting pumps now. The neighborhood wasnt' keen on having the gas pumps in the area so there was a delay in getting them up.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My closest Kroger does not have gas; but there is one not too far away that does, and I try to go there about once a month and use up my points for gas. I think the discount is 10 cents per 100 points, and I usually have between 100-200 points on my Kroger card by the end of the month. That means I get 20 cents per gallon off, and that is am awesome discount !
    We go to Sam's club once a month, and I get gas when we are there, and then fill up again at Kroger when the tank is almost empty so I get the most benefit from my point discount.
    I also have our local food bank listed as my charity to donate to, and this is another feature about Kroger that I really like. They have a good list of charities that you can pick from and then every time you shop , it adds to their donation to that charity.

6. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I consistently fill up at Kroger and use my fuel points. Just yesterday I saved .30/gallon so I ended up paying about $1.10 per gallon of gas. We shop at Kroger for groceries every Sunday, so the fuel points do add up. I've never tried to use the points at Shell only because the Kroger gas station is so convenient to me.