Ladies, Ever Gone Shopping Just To Wind-down?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Sep 4, 2014.

1. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've had the urge to in the past but it doesn't usually help very much- or rather, it can be deceptive in that it feels like it's helping initially but over all I just feel worse because it isn't really a constructive habit, the situation hasn't changed AND I've spent money that I didn't need to. So I avoid that now.

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't go shopping to relax lol. I only go when I REALLY need clothes mostly because I find shopping a bit stressful actually. The trying a hundred things on to find like one or two things. It would be less stressful if for the most part I could just get things off the rack without having to try them on. I actually did get a couple of shirts the other day without having to do that and they actually fit right. Which is a rarity to tell you the truth.

3. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I recently just did this, I felt like I was going stir crazy because I hadn't gotten out of the house very much and a lot of things were bothering me, so I went out, and honestly, it really helped me, I relaxed quite a bit and had a good time which I really needed.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If there's extra budget, I shop just to let off steam or comfort myself through the purchase of a dress or some other item I've always had my eye on. When I do not have enough funds to purchase anything, I'm all right rummaging through stalls and dress shops and taking note of the dresses I intend to purchase in my next visit. I don't want to spend beyond my means and, Lord forbid, end up broke.

5. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have done this quite a lot of times as it really helps me to reduce stress. It is just that going shopping and buying new stuff makes me really happy and hence I end up getting destressed. Until I read this thread I thought I was the only person who felt this way, but now I know I have lots of company. Happy shopping ladies!

6. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Never! Shopping doesn't relieve stress for me, it actually adds stress! I also pretty much never have spare money, so I can't do any "retail therapy" even if I wanted too.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Haha I like how men find this hard to believe!

I'm guilty as charged, I'm a self confessed shopaholic and when I'm stressed or upset I find retail therapy very soothing. Very strange, but it does work. I suppose it's the same sort of thing as comfort eating. Instead of stuffing my face, I go out and either window shop or buy a couple of items I like :)

8. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    While I don't like to spend I cant afford to spend when I'm stressed, I do like to get out of the house, So getting to the mall, walking around, window shopping helps me feel better. If they have a dollar boutique kind of place, then maybe I'll buy a couple of things. I just try not to buy food, because I know I'll binge.

9. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I don't believe in going to a shopping spree when you're stressed. I think that will only make you even more stressed when you start seeing your credit card bills.

However, I do believe that buying something (a piece or two) that you really like because it makes you feel good is a great idea. It helps if you are confident about yourself and it can really relieve stress. Sometimes, for example, a cheap small bottle of perfume will already help lift my mood a bit, just because it makes me feel good when I apply it. It does not have to be that expensive.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I occasionally go shopping to relieve stress, but I keep it small.
    I'll give myself a budget of $20 and go nuts in the book section at Goodwill and buy a bag of books or some small kitchen gadgets if they have them.
    On my last $20 stress trip to Goodwill, I bought a bag of 12 Naruto manga volumes, and a Krups juice machine, that I found out retails for $80 on Amazon.

11. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I do go shopping to relieve stress to, and do sort of the same thing that ACSAPA does, except I usually go to the craft store with my $20 and spend it there. Being creative helps me to relieve stress, so buying new craft supplies and figuring out what I am going to do helps me to take my mind off of things and unwind.

12. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Shopping could really make me feel better, but I don't make it as a habit. I would end up poor and broke if ever I do it every week. Sometimes, whenever I am stressed out, I would just watch a movie, listen to music, or read a good book. They are much cheaper hobbies.

13. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    I like to go into stores to look at things, I find this calming, I often end up looking at things which I already own, so I'm not tempted to buy, these days I only buy things if I can absolutely not live without it...and let's face it, we can all do without 99% percent of the things which we see.