Ladies Shoes...do You Like Thin Or Thick Heels?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by jneanz • Mar 14, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I'm really not girly at all. I'd rather wear running shoes, jeans and a t-shirt everywhere than anything girly at all. When I was a child I even had a boy's hair cut! I'm just not girlie at all! But on the few occasions I will wear heels I definitely prefer something that feels more stable to be walking around in, so wider heels is definitely better for me! I prefer them to look substantial for sure. And not too high... But high enough! I suppose Im fussy? :p

2. Cassie Lyons

Cassie LyonsMember

Threads:
    I like a mix of both. As long as the heel is cute and matches my needs or mood at the time. I have a wide variety from short and chunky to tall and skinny.

3. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I have a thick frame so no high heels for me, especially with thin ones because I don't think I can run in those. I've always worn wedge heels. The most I can wear is at three inches but now I only settle up to two inches. Maybe it's because I'm so heavy that my feet hurt a lot whenever I try to wear heeled shoes. I mostly wear flats now.

4. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I'm pretty bad with thin heels, so I would definitely say that I like the thicker heels more. Even though the thin heels were in "fashion" I would put safety above the rest, because if I fall and hurt myself, there won't be any walking in heels at all. The thicker the heel, the better it is for me. I can never understand how actresses (or stunt doubles) can actually run around with stiletto heels and seem to never get injured. If I could walk around with no heels at all, I would love that even more.

5. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on the occasion...I tend to like the chunkier heels, maybe it's just me, but they seem more comfortable instead of looking like colorful torture devices. The thin heels are fine if they're not too outrageously high, but I only rarely wear them. Mostly I have wedge heels. I love wearing them during the summer. As for everyday use, I normally wear flats since they are more comfortable and functional.

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I've got to say I can't wear thin heels any more. I much prefer a chunkier heel on my shoes. If I'm on my feet all day I prefer flats but if I'm going out most of my nicer shoes have a chunky thick heel. I look for dressier flat or a low wedge heel for work. I would absolutely twist an ankle if I had to wear any heel over 1.5 inches at work. I'm always going up and down stairs and I would never do well in heels. I'm always impressed with the teachers on my staff that can wear heels all day.

7. Jasmine Inya

Jasmine InyaNew Member

Threads:
    I have to give up my dream of becoming a model because I cannot walk in heels! I can't even walk in wedges because I feel extremely wobbly...and extremely cute. Too cute for comfort! I found a pair of beautiful pair of wedges at Forever 21 a few weeks ago, but I'm not brave enough to wear them. However, thick heels like wedges, are the only kind of heels I'd consider wearing. I tend to trip an awful lot and wedges are great at helping me catch myself. If I wore heels that were any thinner, I'd be at the ER every second of the day. :oops:

8. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    I MUCH prefer wearing thicker heels. It's not difficult for me to walk in most heels, but I find that the thicker the heel, the less I have to worry about falling over and breaking an ankle;) I do love the look of strappy, thin-heeled shoes, simply because they look so feminine and classy, but the last time I tried to wear them, they killed my feet! I had the shoes on for about twenty minutes and I already blisters from the straps and sore feet from balancing on tiny heels. I think you can find great alternatives to strappy or thin heels by wearing thick-heeled pumps and such.

Do you prefer wearing thin heels and suffering through or thick heels and a lot less pain?

9. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Depends if you want to be comfortable or attractive. Thicker heels cause me to walk better and I feel secure footing. However, if I want to look attractive, then I go for the thinner heel and they make feet look better. It is also a more feminine look than the thick heel.

10. cyclistbabe

cyclistbabeNew Member

Threads:
    Agree with this fully! A good wedge or chunky heel can be just as elegant and as any stiletto. I only need a pair of Lou Bs and then I'm set on the stiletto. Bring on the platforms! It's amazing how much easier a half an inch of surface space can make walking.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, you can certainly say that again, @cyclistbabe@cyclistbabe! I'm glad someone agrees with me. I just don't fancy wobbling or hobbling around because my shoes are pinching something royal, like I've seen some girls do! I just feel it defies the whole logic behind getting all dolled up and looking good, because people can see you clearly can't walk in those uncomfortable shoes hehe not to mention the bunions and blisters....YIKES!!

12. Saundra Jackson

Saundra JacksonMember

Threads:
    I don't like them at all.. If I wear heels, I prefer stilettos :)

13. James Balogh

James BaloghNew Member

Threads:
    I think thick heeled mules are the most suitable for ladies shoes. According to my wife, they offer good balance and comfort and look good and stylish as well. I can definitely agree upon the 'looks' part.

14. cecejailer

cecejailerMember

Threads:
    I adore thick hills. I think thin heels are really beautiful and I'd love to be able to wear them but I just can't, they're too uncomfortable and I can't help but fall. Today I bought thick heel boots and I'm absolutely in love with them, they're so easy to walk around, I can even dance around with them. I could never do this with thin heels. So no matter how good I think they look, they're just not for me. Thick heels all the way!

15. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I think the overall quality of the shoe determines if it will be comfortable or not. Generally speaking I like the way skinny heels look better. However thicker heels are definitely more comfortable and easier to stand on for longer periods of time. I find that I have both but usually wear my thicker heeled shoes more often.

16. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a lady, but I will definitely comment as a brother that has a sister. Based on her tastes, her personality and what she likes to wear, I personally think that she definitely prefers thin heels because these somehow make her look slimmer and therefore, taller (in some cases). She just told me that thick heels make girls look fat and whatnot, you know, girls' stuff.

17. SammyGregory

SammyGregoryMember

Threads:
    I have a few thin stilettos but most of mine are wedged or thick heeled ankle boots :)

18. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer a medium thickness heel because they are much easier to walk in. When I wear super skinny heels I feel like I am spending more energy trying to balance than walk. I don't wear heels that often because I am an active person and can't wear them at work because of the job I do. I only get to wear heels when I am out and want to look nice. I remember when I was a kid, my mom wore heels all of the time.

19. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Never been a stiletto fan. I don't like the look or the feel. I prefer a more dressy casual look when I feel like girling up, unless it's black tie or something. So my heels are usually pretty high, but never twigs lol. I don't care otherwise and for the most part I've traded in my heels for hiking gear lol.

20. clair02

clair02Member

Threads:
    The shoe in the picture looks really great, and I wouldn't mind wearing that, although I have been wearing stillettos a lot. I feel that it might be a good idea to start moving towards chunky heels because they support my weight better. I don't know if it's just me, but I feel more 'stable' when I'm wearing chunky heels.