Ladies Shoes...do You Like Thin Or Thick Heels?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by jneanz • Mar 14, 2016.

1. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I was going through a fashion magazine and saw the shoe types changing again. Last holiday, a news reporter was bragging about getting some skinny heel pumps. That shoe had been around for a while and I knew any day, heel styles would do a 180. This chunky square heel is what I'm seeing more of. Do you prefer sleek stilettos or ?

th?id=OIP.Me34c18124af0a7df230426a0cdbcead9o0&w=148&h=164&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1.

2. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmm... you know, I love anything with heels actually. I just don't like super chunky looking ones but the one you showed on the picture is definitely a super great find. That's just about the thickness I prefer. Any thicker than that would not fit me because I have read and observed that thick looking shoes don't really look good for petite women like me. With regards to stilettos, I think my life will never be complete without them. lol I just love high heeled shoes! :)

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, if it was so that I could actually walk in heels without looking like somebody had broken my leg bones and glued them back together again, then I would definitely prefer thinner heels, I think. Some of the only heels that I have been able to wear in the past without falling over have been relatively short but thinner heels. But they are all really hard for me to walk in.

4. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Much as I really like the look that high heels can give to an outfit - that is providing they are not ridiculously high and the person wearing them can actually walk properly in them - they are not something that I wear myself - simply because - apart from comfort and practicality always being a high priority for me when it comes to shoes - as I tend to do a fair amount of walking - as well as a lot of driving and find it virtually impossible to walk long distances or drive safely in high heels - the majority of my shoes are either flat or have a very minimal heel.

That said - although the width and height of heels do appear to be a continually changing theme - of the two I generally much prefer the chunkier style heels - similar to those in the image - as not only do they look more tasteful - but they don't appear to date quite as quickly as many of the thinner styles do.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I must admit, I'm a huge fan of the chunkier heel too. I know that most women would kill for many pairs of the typical stilettos, but not this girl. I much prefer chunkier heels or wedges because they tend to be a lot better balanced and so much more comfier to wear. If there's anything I hate, it's being dressed to the nines, but being in so much pain I can't even do my thing, to the point where I can't strut my thing without wincing. I don't think that's a good look at all.

6. LilyRaven

LilyRavenNew Member

Threads:
    I personally prefer a chunky heel only because I can't walk in anything thin. I feel like I'm either going to topple over altogether or I'm going to break the heel. I like the lower heels because I'm only 5 foot tall and it makes me look ridiculously slim if I do anything too high. I am not really a big heel person to be honest, but I do own a few pairs and all but one have the smaller chunky heel.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't wear heels, apart from those short 1 or 2 inch ones that we commonly see being worn in the school or office. I have no interest wearing those stilletos, since they look so uncomfortable.

8. venusflytrap

venusflytrapMember

Threads:
    I don't really like wearing high heels, but I am not adverse to platform shoes. They support my feet and spine much better than a flighty little stiletto number. In fact, I'd feel very nervous if I had to navigate my way around on a couple of thin pieces of steel or plastic. A one inch flat thick sole is my favorite. :)

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My heels are usually no higher than 2 inches high, I like to be comfortable and I walk alot. High heels are very hard to walk as far as I walk in and I find that I find it hard to keep my balance in really high heels.

10. Dealsnprice

DealsnpriceNew Member

Threads:
    I like heels of about 4 inches, they are easy to carry and comfortable. I don't face any difficulty to walk in them.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thin heels may look classy, elegant and posh but for someone like me who's always on the run and wouldn't mind detours, wearing thin heels can be life-threatening. I do try to be careful but I can't seem to watch where I walk. And even if I do, I live in a place where pavements are nowhere in sight and roads are showered with cracks. The risks are far too great. So thick heels would suit me best.

12. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Any woman who can walk gracefully in a pair of stilettos deserves to be a model or some kind of fashion diva. Personally I gave up heels measuring over 2 inches after my first son. I prefer the thicker heel on pumps because of their stability.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really dislike really thin heels, I prefer them medium or thicker depending on the occasion. For a fancier party or event it's nicer to wear thin heels, but outside of those types of events I wouldn't wear them. They are incredibly uncomfortable, not to mention I actually find that they look outdated. I much prefer thicker heels.

14. Cilivren

CilivrenMember

Threads:
    I prefer thicker heels. I absolutely can't figure out how to walk in thin stilettos! I don't want to be the laughinstock of the party because of my shaking heels so I wear thicker heels. Plus, I only wear heels on special occasions. I like shoes that are comfortable, even though they may not be fancy.

15. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    I have no problem wearing a shoe with a thin heel as long as the heel is not too high - somewhere between an inch to an inch and a half. However, I tend to go for the thicker heeled shoe most of the time, although I do not like them too thick either. But I do like to wear shoes with some sort of heel if I am going out to a special event. Otherwise I am okay with flat shoes. However, even though I would choose a thick heeled shoe over one with spike heels, I still do not like the heels to be so high that it makes it difficult to walk in them. The shoe shown in the photo is definitely not my type of shoe, although it is an attractive shoe.

16. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I hate wearing heels and I am already 5 ft 9 inches so I don't really have to wear them. The only complaint is that since I hate wearing them, I have less options for super cute shoes. When I do have to wear them then I do thick heels so they don't hurt my feet as much, but visually I like thin heels.

17. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love low and thick heels. Love sneakers, clogs, wedges and flats! Though I'm a short person I still love flats, lol. Believe me I've tried wearing high heels and I can't seem to find a comfort zine when wearing high heels at all, so I'll stick with my low and flat heels.

18. Lushlala

Threads:
    @

..you have to do your thing, do what you're comfortable with, so kudos to you :)

I own 1 pair of stilettos, which I rarely wear anyway. Before i can even consider buying thin heeled shoes, I need to see what angle my feet lie within those shoes as I'm walking. If they tilt at an unnatural angle, I pass on them LOL Right now, I'm considering buying a pair only because they're nicely padded and seem comfy enough. BUT we'll just have to see!

19. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I only tend to wear flat shoes becasue anything with a heal hurts my feet. I was forced to wear shoes with heels when I was growing up because my family thought I should be more ladylike and wear "ladies' clothes" and I actually hurt my ankle badly wearing a pair of high heels, so that put me off even more. Now I only wear flat shoes, but if I was to wear a heal I'd go for something with a chunkier heel so that I feel more stable.

20. Lushlala

Threads:
    Aww @cocolgooh@cocolgooh.....that's awful! I'm a very girlie girl anyway, but I too remember my mum really going to town to make me one and it's not a nice experience at all.

I too wear a lot of flat pumps when I'm out and about, especially when I know I'll be doing a lot of walking or standing. The interesting thing is even those can start for feel uncomfortable. But in terms of what I prefer the look of, something with a bit of a heel is my preferred look :)