Lamest superhero movie you have watched?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Oct 4, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Batman (starring Michael Keaton) was probably the first superhero movie that I have watched. From then on, I was hooked to these superhero movies. I watched all the Spiderman movies, I loved the X-men movies, I watched Thor, The Avengers, etc. Are they all good? Nope. As a matter of fact, there are some superhero movies that truly suck. What would be the worst or lamest superhero movie you have watched?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Superman Returns. I grew up loving the Superman movies, but that was an insult lol

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Catwoman. I know she is a villain, but she did play the protagonist in her own movie she should technically be counted, right? I vote that movie, and I have a hard time imagining that someone honestly thought they were doing something right while making it. A close second for me would be Green Lantern, the actors seemed a bit bored to be there and from how the end product turned out, I'd say the director was probably bored too.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Agree with you on that, but i really have to mention Man of Steel too because it just came out recently. I don't know about other people, but i really didn't enjoy the movie, the action wasn't that well made, the plot holes ruined the story and the characters weren't that good.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've watched Batman Forever and I didn't like it. But then again I was only 10 years old that time. I need to watch it again for a more accurate review. But The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen is not a good movie in my opinion. It was so-so.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Dammit.. I was afraid of that. Ah well, I guess I never expected anything to compare to the real deal anyway..

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Last super hero movie I seen was spiderman. I love the spiderman movies they are my favorite. I haven't seen batman or any of the movies I hear they are good but I just never got around to watching any of them.

8. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I think the lamest superhero movie I have watched was "Watchman." It was a long movie, which I almost fell asleep because I wasn't into the movie much. I didn't know what was going with some of the scenes. I have really suffered through the movie, although I think the movie was meant for those who have read the comic.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I remembered another Superhero movie I was so disappointed with just now, which was the first Punisher movie. In fact, I don't think I remember any particular scene from that movie. I think the lead actor fit the character well, it was just that the movie as a whole was pretty boring and forgettable, unfortunately.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I totally agree! And I'm a woman, so it's doubly disappointing when the hottest actors end up in bad movies lol. Such potential! :p

11. CoachV

CoachVNew Member

Threads:
    Thor was awful in my opinion. I hate the lame attitude that the Thor character had the entire movie. Personally I don't want my super hero to come off as a spoiled rich kid that thinks he can do whatever he wants and acts like he doesn't care but really he does. I do not think I will be breaking the bank to go see the sequel in the theaters.

12. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Superman.. 3? Or 4? Not sure right now, but whichever one was the one with the nuclear power man. That was just.. bad. And cheesy as hell. I also didn't care for Spiderman AT ALL, but I don't think I would call it the worst.. it just didn't catch my attention, is all. :)

13. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I would say Daredevil was the worst superhero movie I have seen. The story was lame and they didn't do a good job with the plot. The only character I liked was Kingpin. I think they did a good job having Michael Clarke Duncan play him. He did a good job on that role. I feel that that movie could have been way better than it was.

14. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Man of Steel? Really? It wasn't really that lame IMO. I enjoyed the fight scenes. They resembled that of Dragon Ball especially the fight near the end. I wasn't too thrilled about the story though. I think it sucked. It was especially boring in the very beginning but it made up for it at the middle parts and near the end.

15. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Nope. I love the comic, didn't like the movie. Zach Snyder made an effort but really everyone who's read the comics knows that it cannot be adapted to any other medium. To top that, it took a few liberties with the original stories and barring Jackie Haley none of the actors really seemed to get their characters.

It was decent no more.

Plus, everyone knows that Daredevil was the worst superhero movie.

16. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes.. Daredevil was awful. I know everyone is all upset about him playing Batman soon, but I'm glad he gets to redeem himself. Batman is much cooler and the movie will make itself.. a no brainer if he's right for the part. We shall see..

17. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I just watched Captain America. I like how they did this movie and I can't wait to see the sequel. I think they did a good job with making him look scrawny at first them making him tall and buff after the procedure. I also liked a lot of the action scenes and they did.a good job picking the cast especially with the red skull.

18. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    Daredevil was dumb, yes, that's right on. Green Lantern was bad too. I did not like Captain America or Iron Man 3. The first and second Iron Man was good though.

19. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    In recent memory Daredevil was the biggest disappointment. I don't blame Ben Affleck for that. It was a problem with the story. It was boring. I still think that Ben could do a great job as Batman. There's a lot of Ben haters out there, but I'd be fine seeing him as Batman.

20. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    The worst superhero movie I've seen is definitely Daredevil, that movie just has zero redeeming features. It's terrible all-round.