Landline phone vs. cell phone

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by clewand550 • Apr 15, 2012.

1. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm someone who's at home most of the time, so a landline phone is quite a necessity for the family. I actually make use of it more than I use my mobile phone.

2. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I finally bit the bullet and turned our land line down to just local only. I get no extras like caller ID and such, and it's only $6 per month. I'm just not ready to let go of our phone number. It's been ours since 1998! It's saving me approx. $38 per month!

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We still have a landline at home because we also use it to connect to the net, and my dad uses it quite often. Our landline bill isn't that expensive anyway, so we have maintained it since 1983 until now.

4. god

godNew Member

Threads:
    nice description ya. good job you had done.

5. JLetterman

JLettermanNew Member

Threads:
    While I understand reasons for landline phones, such as for businesses and other purposes, they are not for me. There is absolutely no reason for me to have one unless I just wanted one to have it there. My cell phone service with T-Mobile is unlimited calling, texting, multimedia messaging, and Internet for 50 a month. I am self-employed, but as a writer, I can use my personal number as my contact number. Therefore, I don't need a business line. I have no reason anymore to have a landline telephone.