Laptop Battery Replacement Doesn't Work

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Nakitakona • Apr 7, 2017.

1. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have a laptop at home. I bought it sometime in November 2010. For 7 years, it is still working efficiently except its battery which could easily drain.

I try to find a replacement. I couldn't find here in our local mall. I try the online store and I get one, the same specification with my original battery. When I replace the old one with the new one, it doesn't work. Anybody who is computer savvy or nerd here, what is wrong with the battery?

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    @Nakitakona@Nakitakona You may have gotten scammed. Perhaps you bought a battery which was already low. In that case, you should go to the online website and request a refund and also leave a bad review so others don't get cheated.

Anyhow, I think that must be the answer because apparently, you bought a battery which seems to be the right fit for your machine. Can anyone think of any other reason the battery didn't work?

#2Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2017
  3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with @Jason76@Jason76. Does it drain too fast or it isn't working at all? Either way you might have a defective battery. Is your battery brand new or used? And does it have a warranty? I think the best thing to do is to contact the seller and state your complaints. Tell him/her that you have a defective battery and sort some kind of a deal, like have it replaced or get a refund.

4. ADSSOLSN

ADSSOLSNMember

Threads:
    I not sure but you should also see an computer repair man to check your laptop's charging system too.
    I had a similar problem with my phone, I bought three different batteries without any success, only to learn later the charging system was the problem.

5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    From experience I have come to see that in many cases the only good battery for laptop is the one with which it was bought. If that goes bad you will hardly get another battery that will be strong and durable as the initial battery. I suffered from fake batteries when the one that came with my system went bad after three years. Other batteries I bought hardly lasted up to six months.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pardon me for this comment but I think you have erred in buying an electronic item online. When purchas online, I only buy from reputable sites which can be trusted. My assumption is always the issue of a defective product. Particularly when buying from a person or from a not established store, there is a higher risk. And that's what happened to you.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well maybe you bought a defective battery or your charging port is screwed up. I would suggest buying from a reputable store like Green Ion, their stores are located in SM Malls across the country. You can test the battery before purchasing so that you will know that it will work before you buy it.

8. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I've never really trusted that kind of solution: replace the battery. I think that if the battery is not original on an original computer, its performance will never be 100%.

So, I always prefer to buy a new computer (I think money is better spent).

9. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I think it is not good idea to buy it online. I know it is hard to find out at local market. But that's what exactly happen with me. I contacted person who is selling hardware stuff here at local market. He saw my laptop model and arrange it for me in one or two week. By this way I guess you can always find the correct thing. As they know more about all these stuff.

I don't know whats wrong with the thing you purchased. Even I know about these things I can't say you exactly without seeing it personally.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a defective battery and charging system in my computer as well. I have to keep it plugged in all the time to get some power. However, this laptop is not under warranty any longer. I took it into a store, the other day but since it is an internal battery, it would be hard to replace. In your case, I would check to see if the warranty is still valid.

11. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I am surprised why your battery is not working. I am using my computer since 7 years and I have replaced battery twice and the replaced battery, though did not give as much back up as the original, gave me around 3 hours backup when it was new. Over the time the backup period decreased.
    Are you sure you are using the same battery model that is recommended to your laptop? Are you sure, the battery you bought is actually a new battery?

12. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I guess after 7 years the type of battery you have got must be the fake one. So chances are there the model which you bought less likely to have original batteries. That being said, it'd be one more reason why many laptop batteries can be bad enough. And another thing is that sometimes you have to let go of laptop after min. 5 years of usage. So that can be another reason.

13. derf

derfNew Member

Threads:
    Go to best buy or an electronics store and talk to a representative they about it they will probably have the answer as to why this is happening. From what it sounds like the best thing to do is to get rid of that laptop battery. Or instead of replacing the laptop battery you could just buy a new laptop. The better choice would obviously to replace the laptop but if you needed to you could just replace the battery.