Laptop brand

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by BlackSolaris • Apr 6, 2013.

1. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    What the brand of laptops that usually has the best ones in the market right now?

A lot of people say that Dell with their range of Alienware is great for gaming, but i think it's just an overpriced machine. I do have in good consideration HP, never got me in trouble with their laptops.

2. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I know which one to definitely steer away from and those are those Acer brand laptop. I had one and it totally was a piece of junk the wires short circuited and fried it. I would try HP or apple computers, I have an Apple and it's pretty good. Dell is good too.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've used Dell, Toshiba, Acer and HP tablets, and I can vouch for Dell, HP and Toshiba. The Acer one had a battery that didn't last that long. The ones from the other 3 brands haven't given me any trouble, especially the HP one.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I know too well what you are saying. My old school used those cheap acer laptops and dammit, i knew they were suppose to be cheap, but i think that there is limit to how cheap you can get with a piece of technology.

5. Gibson0923

Gibson0923New Member

Threads:
    my laptop is also HP, i have used for about five years, i think it operates quite slow, and it is too heavy to carry.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of HP computers. Personal experience. I prefer Lenovo laptop computers. I have only ever used Compaq (HP), HP and Lenovo (IBM) computers. I have heard mixed reviews about Dell and Toshiba. I have never heard any bad things about the Sony Viao.

7. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I would vote Asus, Lenovo or Toshiba. As for HP, i read more bad reviews than good views, so i would not buy it myself.

8. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I like hp better whether it is a laptop or desktop. They are really good and I have had mine now for awhile and have no complaints yet. I also hear that dell is pretty good too.

9. johan121

johan121Banned

Threads:
    my laptop is also Lenovo, i have used for about five years, i think it operates quite slow, and it is too heavy to carry.

10. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I have had 2 Dell Laptops and had problems with both of them. I have had a Mac for two years now and absolutely love it. I have never had problems with my mac. I know a few people that had a mac and they also love it. I would stick with a Mac if I ever need a new laptop down the road.

11. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    Stay away from Lenovo! I have always bought Dell, but found their devices to feel cheap. I had the same laptop for 5 years and the battery was just gone, so I decide to save up and buy a nice Lenovo, because I had heard good things.

The laptop is a piece of rubbish. The harddrive failed after 2 months, so I sent it back for a replacement. They then sent me a used, faulty harddrive as a replacement. I replaced it, and it failed again, this time in one week. This continued on for months, I had to call them every day and they continued to send me faulty used parts instead of a new harddrive. With one week left on my 1 year warranty (YES, That's how long it took!!), and months of hounding them on facebook, they finally told me I could take the device into a IBM parts center for a repair. But I would be out the cost of getting there....it was a 1 hour drive away.

I would say do not buy a Lenovo unless you are willing to deal with the worst customer service I have ever seen.

12. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    Oh Also, I see a mention of Alienware, DO NOT BUY A GAMING LAPTOP. It is a misnomer. You cannot game efficiently on a laptop, they are not built of easy heat distribution, and the graphics card has to be placed onto the main motherboard to allow for space. This then causes the heat from the device to damage the graphics card. A gaming laptop will not allow you to game, buy a desktop instead if you plan to game. It is cheaper, will not overheat, and can be upgraded every few years as required.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I would stay away from HP because their exteriors aren't as durable as they look, they are plastic-y and will give out sooner or later. As for Alienware, I think of that brand as mostly just bells and whistles with a "cool" branding and design. I would recommend Lenovo the most even if their products aren't really that stylish, they prove to be very durable and trustworthy.

14. Anthony33

Anthony33New Member

Threads:
    Well this is good informaiton about laptops brands i would like to say here that the best laptop brand is HP and Intel because this is the most acceptable brands in laptops and introduced many new model of laptops with latest features which in different cases so i would like to prefer HO pr Intel.....

15. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Asus, Acer, and Lenovo brands. These brands offer cheap and affordable laptops and net books that fit my taste. Asus and Acer laptops are a bit similar in style while I think Lenovo is a bit different. Nevertheless, I find these brands more appealing than others. I ownently have an Asus NetBook and it has never let me down even once.

16. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    I vote Asus, I really like their laptops. I had an Asus laptop for over 7 years, still fully functional and it has yet to let me down. Currently own another one, only a couple of months old and it's great. I'd say Asus has one of the best price/performance ratios in the market right now and their products are very well built with great designs.

I reckon companies like Toshiba and HP also have well built laptops with nice price tags as well, but for me Asus just comes out as the best company on the market.

17. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I like the HP. Their laptops feel very solid and the touch pad is positive. However I have not gotten round to buying one yet because I am still using an abandoned laptop which is a Twinhead.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is Acer a bad brand of laptop? I thought that it was a good brand, I have an Acer monitor which is quite durable. I think HP would be a good choice for a laptop. I have yet to read complaints about less popular brands like Gateway and MSI, so maybe they're ok in quality.

19. henry

henryNew Member

Threads:
    my laptop is hp ,,it more reliable than other brand..specially dv series

20. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I'm a musician so I only use Mac when it comes to laptops and computers. For me, it's very efficient for my needs and they do last a long time. Plus I can just always update the software.