Laptop Closes Unexpectedly

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Nakitakona • Apr 7, 2017.

1. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have used my laptop which I bought 7 years ago efficiently especially for school documentation, online job and other related Internet activities.

I even built my own several websites because of this laptop and I was able to update them periodically. It had never been gone to the computer shop. Its performance was indeed reliable.

However, I have notice lately that while I was doing my computer work it suddenly closed. I was of course in trouble for my work hasn't be saved. What is the possible problem of my laptop and how could I solve it?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought a brand new i3 Dell Inspiron in Nov. of 2016. For one week it ran like a dream, then it began, my cursor had a mind of it's own, closing of my opened sites, highlighting and trying to stop my work, scrolling happens suddenly and my typing just gets highlited and deleted! I found touchfreeze, to help my cursor stay put. It works. I found ctrl z to press simultaneously, that saves my work to come back to where I left my typing. I found that my cursor is behaving now and I can do things so much faster too. I found this article and touchfreeze:

I like it a lot for my cursor is behaving. If trouble starts, the touchfreeze stops it right away! Also enable Window's Defender. There is also Microsoft Security Essentials and COMODO all are free to download and use. Good luck!

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to tinker with my computer when there is a problem. That behavior of your laptop in shutting down involuntarily looks like a problem with the OS. If you have the installer and you have the ability then try to re-install the operating system. And if that behavior persists even after the re-installed OS then I guess the hard disk has a problem. By the way, the first step is to check for viruses so run your virus scanner before doing anything else.

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think laptop closing unexpectedly usually accounts to some error in either hardware or software. I have seen some of the hard drives going insane. And ending up causing this sort of problem. Though not a lot of devices are like that. But it's possible that some of such devices may have those issues.

5. Johnsnow

JohnsnowNew Member

Threads:
    my laptop is having same issues sadly mine us barely 3 months old

6. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I suggest you to do one of three things. 1. Go to a store that specializes in computer repairs and see if they can install something that can help out you and your computer. 2. Try typing your problem in online and see if there is software that can help out. 3.Buy a new laptop or chromebook, try looking for sales online or in stores. I suggest investing in a new laptop/chromebook, it might be the cheapest option.