Laptops VS Desktops

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by vpresson • Sep 29, 2013.

1. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer laptops. I like being able to move around and not having to sit in one spot. You can't move desktops around. With desktops, you have to sit in the same spot and it gets uncomfortable, especially if you're on the computer for long periods of time.

2. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    I hear you, my job is at a computer so all day every day is spent staring at the screen. It's good to take breaks though if you're on it all day and go and get some fresh air.

3. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I think desktops these days are mainly used in offices, at home possibly 90% of the people have laptops because it's much more convenient, they occupy less space and they can be moved to wherever we want easily.

4. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    This pretty much perfectly sums up why people would use both a desktop and laptop. Especially if they need it for work.

5. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I love my laptop for mobility absolutely. As you mentioned, it's nice being able to be away from the desk and still be able to connect to wifi and enjoy virtually anywhere. I have both a laptop and a PC though. My PC is used for anything that will take up many resources on the drive. So my PC is for Photoshop, video editing, and music production. For a while I was creating music on my laptop, but I just love having a bigger work space.

6. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    i prefer laptop than the desktop. Laptop is more flexible to use than the Desktop. We can take a laptop anywhere to work though in the desktop it is not possible so laptop has more benefits than the desktop.

7. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    This is true... but with remote and virtual desktops this is not a problem. I think this is a technology that will be improved upon and more commercialized in the future as of now, it seems that it's use is mainly limited to that of the indusrty.

8. JoeyJ

JoeyJBanned

Threads:
    I was more into desktops back in the day when laptops were extremely expensive. Now that you can get great laptops for an affordable price, it's the only way I'll go. My laptop can play all new games with no problems so why have something bulky?

9. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I think that it really depends on what i am doing. If it is pretty intense work then i prefer a desktop as they keep you steady and focused on the job. Laptops are a bit different, but i do prefer them as they do get the job done and i like being portable

10. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have experience with the new laptops. However on my mom's Windows 7, you can play games but I feel like they don't run as smoothly as they do on my desktop. They are more appropriate for casual gaming. Also I don't know how the touchscreen laptops are but I feel like a laptop is too easy to break. The keypad can be missing keys and once you miss keys, it seems you have to replace the whole laptop. I think desktops will always be better when it comes to performance as others have said.

11. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Like many here I definitely prefer my laptop. I have a Macbook Pro and I enjoy taking it with me everywhere and using it when I need to. It's a lot more convenient to have a laptop than a desktop, I can play games on it, watch videos and I can work on my projects with ease. Though, for photo editing, I enjoy using my desktop because it's easier.

12. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I have one desktop at home that hooks up the router which allows the laptop to work and it's helpful to use when the laptop is not working (because of the router). But in general I prefer to use the laptop because of the versatility of being able to take it from room to room.

13. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    I've been using laptops for over 13 years now. I can't imagine going back to a desktop. The idea of being stationary just isn't for me, but maybe I've never found a chair comfy enough for the experience. With my laptop, I can take it to school, work, coffee shop, etc. It's much more convenient.

14. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I have always thought that desktops are more powerful, but they are also more bulky to have them anywhere at home or office, so that I prefer laptops despite I use them like a regular desktop.

This is that my laptop is not used to move with it around the house, but sitting on my desk, connected to the AC all day and with an external keyboard and mouse attached to it so I can do my work more efficiently.

15. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I would rather own a Desktop because I can easily upgrade it. With my Laptop there really isn't a way to upgrade anything besides the ram. I would use a laptop if I am out and about. Though, a desktop will always be my first option to use.