Last movie you watched?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by crimsonghost747 • Mar 1, 2014.

1. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    Which was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

For me it was Safe House. Great acting, decent plot and and overall not a bad movie. It was missing something though, or should I say that it was missing everything. Like I said it was quite enjoyable but I never got the "WHOOOA!" feeling during it... no huge plot twists, no super great action sequences.
    Worth a watch but nothing spectacular.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I know what you mean. I think a lot of the movies nowadays are lacking a lot in the personality department, and I honestly wish they would finally get it together and find their groove again, but I understand that this probably happens every number of years. As for the last movie I watched, I saw the Wolverine and I was so disappointed with it. I think they took it a bit too seriously without really knowing what they were doing and instead they were just doing it for the sake of being serious, probably to copy the success of TDK which I honestly wish would just stop. I found it really boring and I honestly didn't know how such a script got approved.

3. Cadence

CadenceMember

Threads:
    I think the last movie I watched was the Aviator with Leonardo DiCaprio. I thought it was pretty good and I love Leonardo's acting. It did make me think about that Leo seem to have been playing a lot of roles that are very similar to each other. Wolf of Wall Street and the Great Gatsby for example are two quite similar roles I think. He does it flawlessly though so I'm not complaining!

4. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Last night I watched Filth. It started off dark comedy ish. Starring James Mcavoy as a troubled policeman. It was enjoyable. I wont elaborate as I dont want to spoil it for anyone,
    but towards the end something happens out of nowhere and it totally baffled my brain.
    When it ended I was left with too many questions. Argh, although it was good I was left slightly irritated.
    Has anyone else seen it if so please share your thoughts.

5. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    Last movie I watched was Sucker Punch, it is an oldie but a goodie. The music is incredible and really sets the mood for the film. To make a long plot short, a girl is sold into prostitution and her mind makes it bearable by creating an alternate universe in which she battles the "monsters" that are holding her and the others. Their entire escape plan is portrayed through this fantasy world and it is definitely an interesting way of coping. Everyone should give it a watch at some point!

6. IndianapolisJones

IndianapolisJonesNew Member

Threads:
    The last movie I watched was the sixth installment of the Fast and Furious series. I thoroughly enjoyed the action and all of the car scenes, they had an excellent selection of cars. I went in with a negative mindset not really expecting too much out of it, but I was pleasantly surprised almost immediately with the first scene. Some of the stunts they pulled in the movie are things I can only dream of doing.

7. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Last movie that I watched was The Wolf of Wall Street and my God I loved it. I've never seen Leonardo Di Caprio in a role like that before, and surprisingly enough, I think he pulled it off. I really like the style of the movie, the way the director handles the story telling and how he directed the characters. Although I'm confused as to what the movie is trying to be, is it a comedy or a drama? But I think its both, which I'm not a fan of [mixed genres]. But I really liked the film, they chose a fairly good cast and for a movie that is 3 hours long, it managed to get me watching the whole time, which is kinda cool since my attention span for movies is at most 1 hour and 30 minutes, anything longer than that I tend to doze off of. If you have the time go check it out.

8. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    Today I watched Leprechauns Revenge. Cheesy, yes, I know, but my Tivo suggested it so who am I to say no. Just kidding of course. I have seen all the others but haven't seen this one so I decided, heck why not. I was surprised that the "leprechaun" was not that creepy little goblin guy they always use but a totally different look and nothing human about him. The movie sucked, the special effects were lacking obviously, however Billy Zane was in it so that was a plus, he is pretty cute. It was different than the rest, but actually a little better. Only the "lebrachan" looked like some kind of man eating ogre. Not really scary at all, kind of dull, but better than some.

9. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    The last movie that I watched was Homefront done by Jason Staham which talks about a DEA who decides to retire after a bust but things do not cool down for him in he new neighborhood. Well you know how this guy can always deliver good movies, then I would recommend it for you.

10. Trent

TrentMember

Threads:
    I just watched Elysium and I found it t be pretty good. The concept seems about right as far as the future goes.

11. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    The last movie I watched is Thor: The Dark World. I think it's not very entertaining. There are parts in it that I thought were dragging it and boring. The final battle also felt unfulfilling and predictable.

12. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    I watched "Her" yesterday and I have to say that I genuinely enjoyed it. The visuals are a sight to see and it really seems like a realistic futuristic film. It's a little gooey but I believe that the concept is fresh and I really like Scarlett Johansson's role in the movie (she was the computer). I really recommend it!

13. postergirl

postergirlMember

Threads:
    I watched Meeting Evil last night. Great acting, Excellent story, but it went nowhere. I could not figure it out, so I watched it again. No luck. I love Samuel L. Jackson, but I feel cheated sometimes when I can't get the Movie Plot!

14. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    Technically, the last movie that I watched was "American Pie: Reunion." It was fun, but not nearly as entertaining in the sophomoric manner of the first two movies. I think the second one was the best of the series.

The last movie that I saw that I actively wanted to see was The Avengers, and I loved every bit of that. Someone finally got the Hulk right as far as I am concerned.

15. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    The last movie I watched was actually this weekend, I watched the new tyler Perry Movie " Single Mother Club" When I tell you this is a great movie I am going back to see it again. Its has so much meaning and feeling to it that one would love it.

16. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Last night watched Oldboy. Stars Josh Brolin and Samuel L Jackson. The plot is a man gets locked in a room for twenty years with no idea as to why or who did it. He is also framed for the murder of his wife. Its full of twists and turns and it keeps you guessing. Overall a high 7/10. Bit sickly I have to say but it's a good watch.

17. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    The last movie I've seen was the Wolf of Wall Street. It's such an amazing movie featuring Leonardo DiCaprio, and honestly I think it was one of Leo's greatest on screen performances. It's a story about a guy who became rich illegally and he temporarily enjoyed his fortunes until he finally got caught for what he's been doing, then everything went downhill from there.

I really suggest watching this film! It's incredible. The acting was great and the writing was just as good.

18. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ice Age 3: Dawn of Dinosaurs.

In the department of Graphics, this animation would be the best ever. Those dinosaurs almost looked as real as any dinosaur that walked this earth before they went extinct. The plot is rather formulaic: mammoth goes on a quest to save friend . . . and succeeds! Not bad, but not that original either.