Lauryn Hill's Music

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by difrancprod • Apr 23, 2013.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Whatever happened to Lauryn Hill?! She is the only female artist who can both sing and rap intensely!! After her all 90s stint, she's gone. I miss her music! I still have all her album. I wish she makes more in the future.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I vaguely remember hearing or reading about the reason why she stopped, which is to raise a family. Recently, the latest news about her was that she is supposed to be facing tax evasion charges or something similar. Her reasoning behind it is that she says she was born to a capitalism type of slavery and she did not want to participate. And yes, she made fantastic music, and I wish she had made more, but the ones that she has gifted the world are treasures enough to last many people several lifetimes.

3. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    Lauren seems to think too deep at times. She should continue to keep positive messages in her music instead of protesting making music for "miseducated points". I respect her and wish she would just make more music and try to keep her private life hidden. Between her relationship with The Marley son, and difficulty with members of the Fugees it has been easy for people to throw labels on her. She needs to sing or act and allow that to be her legacy.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ah, so that's the reason why she stopped making music. I'm not really a fan, but I noticed that unlike some female rappers out there, she doesn't cuss in her songs.