Lawry's Fire Roasted Chili & Garlic Seasoning - Love This Stuff

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ohiotom76 • Mar 12, 2013.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really a fan of Lawry's Seasoned Salt - for me it seems to make food taste processed, or as if it's got MSG in it even though the label says it doesn't. However I started using their Fire Roasted Chili & Garlic seasoning lately and I really like this stuff! The flavor is very robust and pronounced - so you need to go easy on it. The funny thing is the predominant flavor in it (to me at least) is actually smoked paprika. The garlic and chili almost seem to take a back seat to it, to be honest. It's got a brightness in flavor that you don't really get from your standard taco seasoning. So far I've tried it on grilled chicken and flank steak to make tacos, but I plan on trying it on some more stuff soon.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip on the seasoning. I don't like the regular Lawry's Seasoned Salt either, I agree that it tastes synthetic.
    The Fire Roasted Chili and Garlic seasoning sounds appealing and I like smoked paprika. Thanks for sharing. I'll look for it at the supermarket.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of this. I didn't know Lawry's made anything other than the original seasoned salt. Sounds killer though. I'll see if I can find it at my supermarket next time I go.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I grew up on Lawry's Seasoning Salt. I didn't know any better until I tried something more natural. Now, I hate the taste Lawry's salt. I will give the chili & garlic seasoning a try. I hope at least one of my favorite grocery stores carry it.