Lays or Pringles?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Esperahol • Aug 26, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Or perhaps the title should be bags or cans? Which do you prefer as far as chips go? I'm pretty sure Pringles rank higher for me then Lays, but then again I like a crisper/dryer finish than I can generally get with Lays.

2. xStylezx

xStylezxMember

Threads:
    I have to with to the can. I do like some flavors of Lays, but all in all Pringles are less greasy and have some quite tasty flavors as well. I should mention that I love barbeque chips of any brand, greasy or not, delicious!

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't eat potato chips very often, but I prefer Lays. I hate Pringles and the can. I think Lays are available in a can. I'm not sure. I take the bag over the can.

4. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    I like that Pringles come in a can instead of a bag. I especially like that they are perfectly stacked. :) The flavor of both chips are good though.

5. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    LAYS > Pringles

I love the Kettle Cooked Lays. They are so yummy. I used to be a big fan of the Pringles pizza flavor, but i'm not that crazy about Pringles. They a a little too "dry" in my opinion. I like my chips to be fried in peanut oil. It leaves the chip with a nice texture that isn't too greasy.

6. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I used to work in a warehouse that shipped large amounts of Pringle's. We would get to take home damaged product. I can't even look at a Pringle without feeling sick to my stomach.

7. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I think they are two different products beyond what they have certain characteristics in common. I think the flavor of Pringles is unique and clearly distinguishable from other chips on the market. Furthermore, Lays products are cheaper and have a less intense flavor, more suitable to the taste of most people. I like the two products, but in a race, if I have a choice, I choose to Pringles. Additionally, his classic packaging makes me happy since I'm small, transmits other sensations. :D

8. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I definitely prefer Pringles, mainly because of the shape. It makes them ideal for dipping, as well as just for snacking. The paprika flavour is my favourite - it's tangy without being too spicy. I tend to buy Lays if we're entertaining, because you get more that way.

9. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer Pringles, but the worst is when you open up the can and all of the chips are crushed. I like Lays too, but they are just too salty and greasy for me. Pringles always seem to go quickly. I feel like you get more chips in a bag.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lays are available in a can ,just like Pringles. The canned Lays are called Lays Stax. I prefer Lays Stax to Pringles because they taste the same, and come in a variety of flavors, but they cost $1 at Walmart, which is cheaper than Pringles.

11. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    They have a paprika flavour? Oh, wait - this a brit thing isn't it? Aw... you all get so many interesting little extras over there! I want paprika flavoured pringies! And I'm starting to sound like Verounica Salt from Willy Wonka.

12. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Pringles all the way! They taste a LOT better and they're not as greasy as Lay's, which by the way, I find to be way too salty.

Besides, I love Pringles' packaging :p

13. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    I am not a fan of Pringles at all. On the other hand, I cannot stop eating Lay's until the bag is empty. My wife loves Pringles, so what ends up happening is we have both in the house. To me, pringles don't taste like the prototypical "chip" I'm accustomed to. (maybe that's because I'm accustomed to Lay's, huh?)

14. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Lays are greasy, but they have the canned chips, but they're too hard. I like Pringles they're light and they have a nice crunch when you take a bite. I'm not sure why Lays would try to make a chip to compete with Pringles it makes no sense to me.

15. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Lays, Lay's, Lay's. I have tried Pringles and do not care for the taste at all. But I love my Lay's. As someone else said, I won't stop until the bag is gone, which is not good at all.
    But that's the power of Lay's. Cheers.

16. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Not a fan of Pringles at all, they're too processed. No need to over-complicate a potato chip really, you just need salt and oil. Though I am a fan of chips with ridges.

17. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    They are both great chips. I love the green onion flavor of Lays and the really hot flavor in Pringles...I cannot remember the exact name right now...it is just so yummy. I ate it a while ago but wow, it is yum and both are so worth the price. One should not cut back with what you eat. The economy is picking up, no worries.

18. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer pringles. Although, I've never tried lays so I can't really compare them. :D Pringles though, once you pop, you can't stop!! ;)

19. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I actually see them as two different kinds of chips entirely. I would compare Lays with Ruffles instead. Pringles, though, are like a different chip altogether. I buy them as a treat and love them, but wouldn't get them in place of a regular bag of potato chips.

20. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I feel like pringles come in much more interesting flavors. Also, lays are way too greasy for me.