Layway back at Walmart - Christmas shopping early?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Esperahol • Sep 25, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    So they have apparently brought back Layaway to Walmart. Is that going to induce you to start a somewhat early Christmas shopping spree? I might, but then again I may or may not. I need to check the fine print.

2. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping yet however this is sparking my interest to think about buying things now so it won't impact as hard as the season approaches. If Walmart is reintroducing layaway I wonder if other competitors will follow suit. It makes sense to help customers in these hard times.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Layaway doesn't change my Christmas shopping decision. I never go broke paying for Christmas gifts. I might buy something nice for myself and put it on layaway though.

4. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I've never used layaway anywhere before. I always shop over a few months and do a little at a time, so I don't think layaway would even work for me. I tend to go shopping for the things I need around the house and pick up something I know will be on the Christmas list while I'm there. Then I do that again with the next store or the mall. I have never bought so much all at once that I couldn't pay for it out of pocket.

5. englerja

englerjaMember

Threads:
    I am planning on using layaway some this year, money is tight so it's nice to have the option of paying a bit at a time without putting ourselves into debt. I plan on using Kmart layaway though since there is currently no fees associated with it. Unfortunately my two older girls are not asking for anything I can buy at Walmart or Kmart so their gifts will have to be ordered and paid for upfront.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I stated mines like the day after the layaway became open it's not bad you pay a 5 dollar open fee which is returned to you when you pay off your stuff than you pay either 10 dollars or 10 percent which ever one is greater depending on how much you put down. I put about over 200 dollars in stuff for my kids on layaway for Christmas and i can pay how ever much whenever i want on it and i haven't had it long and am already down to 120 i love it cause it gives me time to get christmas presents without having to spend a large amount at once like i did last year.