Le Creuset Cast Iron Pan Set

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Bolt • Oct 7, 2012.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Le Creuset have a reputation for producing high quality cast iron cookware. I purchased the Volcanic saucepan set around 8 months ago and I have been very impressed with the saucepans. They are very expensive but I think they are worth every penny. The food never sticks and I can cook in the residual heat because the pans are so good at retaining heat. They are also very easy to clean.

Anyone else own any Le Creuset products?

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I am also a big fan of the Cast iron cookware. They are just so well made. The only problem I have, is keeping it from rusting. It seems no matter how much I try to dry it. I am sure there is a trick to it that I just don't know about yet.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of this brand of cast iron cookware. I do love cast iron. I was in the market for some cookware a couple of months ago. I eventually had my family who live in the southern part of the United States to buy some cast iron cookware for me.

4. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    My parents have some La C cookware from the 70s! And these are still the best cookware we have in the house! They were wedding gifts so my parents didn't pay for them. But they were super expensive.

Although they are a rocking shade of 70s orange... So they look dated. But I still can't believe how well they stand the test of time.

5. HughIvar

HughIvarBanned

Threads:
    The only problem I have, is keeping it from rusting. It seems no matter how much I try to dry it. I am sure there is a trick to it that I just don't know about yet.

--------------------------

Life Is Going on in Movies ---

, Which Exist at Everywhere.

6. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I love my cast iron pans, but they are not Le Creuset. They are by Lodge, a company that has been around for a long time. Food cooks differently in cast iron. I think it's more flavorful and I never have a problem with sticking as long as I keep them seasoned. For cleaning I simply wipe with a cloth or if scrubbing is needed just use a little plain water and no soap. I'm wondering how these two brands compare and if the higher priced ones are better.

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use any soap on my cast iron pans either. The food doesn't stick so it's really easy to clean with water alone.

I do think food tastes different when cooked in cast iron, it's hard to explain why. I cringe at the thought of using Teflon pans.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How are you cleaning your cast iron? I just use water and kosher salt. Rock salt for hard to remove food.
    Do you regularly season it?

9. A.P.W.

A.P.W.Member

Threads:
    Ummm Le Creuset, I feel that they are quite over-priced for the actual Item itself is made of cast iron, and cast iron is just that. I wouldnt worry about the brand names, I have a couple of sets, and the iron one is the one I would use in the oven as the heat-retaining element of them is second to none. The grill fryer pan is a superb way to grill food without any fat, as the fat drains out of the meat and you are left with charred black food which is also like a bbq. I would coat the cast iron with a little sunflower oil after cleaning with tepid water, and catch it while it is hot enough to touch. Dont let food dry onto the metal, it makes it rusty.